Shaft extention!

I have fitted an Overlander motor to my near built dawn flyer. It has a shaft on a flange that bolts to the motor drive, unfortuneatly it is a trivel short if I am to mount a proper looking front plate/fuse trim. Can I pack out the mounting a tad for the extra length.In that case will it upset the angles etc

Are all such shafts interchangeable between makes?

Can you replace with a longer shaft?.

I have seen advertised 'Shaft extentions' that appear to screw onto the shaft but have an output shaft 1 mm larger than the original.Are these interchangeable.

Are shafts available that are variable in length.

Should I just leave it due to altering the down thrust etc and live with not lookig bang on.

Thank you in advance Barry

Ken & Kieth, that was one of my thoughts ,but the only access to the mounting screws is from the front. Thats OK but there are the ajustment washers between motor and b/head to give the orientations. It would be extremely difficult to get access to them . Just had some more thoughts along these lines I could remove one of the parts in the way and remake!!!!!, I'll let the brain tic over a bit. Thanks Barry