Parkzone motor dimensions

DIGGER

My old PZ P47 had that motor and I am 99% sure it was a 5mm shaft. This post also indicates all the 15 size Eflite/PZ motors have a 5mm shaft, so it looks like you are in luck.

Having said that this ridiculous practice HH have of not giving key motor parameters in order to make it harder for you to buy an alternative from somewhere else really annoys me. Frankly the HH motors are nothing special, in fact I would say they are sub HK quality most of the time (there is quite a lot of plastic in them, especially at the smaller sizes). The only motor I ever lost through wear was a PZ, and it was replaced with a Turnigy that never skipped a beat and was a fair bit cheaper. YMMV.

Thank you so very much, now I can look for the best deal on ebay. I want it for my FW190 and want to keep it stock.

It's funny I have had the reverse of you, most of my RTF are Parkzone or eflite and I have never had a bad motor, but I have had 3 motors (Turnigy ) that came no good or went wrong. Ain't it funny how one person can have trouble and another doesn't.

Thank you again for your help.

Stay Safe

Chris

Posted by DIGGER on 13/08/2020 11:09:25:

Thank you so very much, now I can look for the best deal on ebay. I want it for my FW190 and want to keep it stock.

It's funny I have had the reverse of you, most of my RTF are Parkzone or eflite and I have never had a bad motor, but I have had 3 motors (Turnigy ) that came no good or went wrong. Ain't it funny how one person can have trouble and another doesn't.

NP at all, happy to help. Re: variable quality I guess we have to remember that as individuals only have a tiny number of data points (i.e. the components/models that we own), so any one person's experience doesn't really count for much. This is especially true given we all fly and treat our powertrains differently. TBF I have only had one HH motor fail, but that is the only motor I have ever killed through usage (the only other one was from a naive powertrain choice when I first started e-flight). Certainly the plasticky 480 size motors in the older PZ birds did not have a good rep though (the 15s seem much better).

Posted by DIGGER on 13/08/2020 11:09:25:

NP at all, happy to help. Re: variable quality I guess we have to remember that as individuals only have a tiny number of data points (i.e. the components/models that we own), so any one person's experience doesn't really count for much. This is especially true given we all fly and treat our powertrains differently. TBF I have only had one HH motor fail, but that is the only motor I have ever killed through usage (the only other one was from a naive powertrain choice when I first started e-flight). Certainly the plasticky 480 size motors in the older PZ birds did not have a good rep though looking at the forums (the 15 size seems much better).

Edited By MattyB on 13/08/2020 11:37:45