Fournier RF-4

I have looked at the Sarik web site and got to the point of placing this in my shopping cart. But I can not decide whether to buy just the plan or the plan and laser cut parts.

I am progressing towards building from a plan but as the laser cut parts are available and I am happy with the scale I see no benefit in hand cutting everything. Also there are a lot of different ribs to be cut due to the tapered wings.

So go with the plan pack with this one and chose an easier model for my first plan build. Seems to make sense to me. thinking Hmmm.

What would you do?

Cheers beer

Steve

Hi EarlyBird. I'm just, slowly, finising a, very slow, build of Peter's RF4. You may have seen my build thread on here.
Its not too complicated a build, mainly thanks I'd say to the skill of the designer. It's all pretty straightforward but there is quite a bit of work in building the wings. I chose not to take the SLEC route but that's just because I like cutting up bits of wood and sticking them to other bits of wood.
Let us know how your build goes, at my workrate, real life keeps getting in the way, your RF4 may be flying first.

Hi Fun Flyer,

I certainly have seen your build. I also like cutting and fitting wood with the target of a perfect fit, that's where the challenge is and fun.

I have plenty of free time and no distractions except a Ballerina has to be finished first.

Obviously you are also a fan of Peter Miller.

Cheers beer

Steve

Posted by EarlyBird on 16/08/2020 19:40:55:

After a lot of dithering on my part and a lot of encouragement on your part I have pressed the buy button.

There is no going back now smiley

The short kit is ordered yes

Which gives me a couple of weeks to clear the decks.

Cheers beer

Steve

Good decision. Well done, go for it.
Any more for the RF4?

• 4 weeks later...

No, you haven't started. I try really hard to restrain myself from starting my 'Winter Build' before September. This usually means that, during a spell of non-flying weather in August (remember that?) I roll out the plans, start ordering wood, working out what servos, motor etc. I need - and indeed, sometimes preparing a modified building board.

So I've defined the starting point as when the scalpel first hits the wood - so you're even allowed to fondle the laser-cut parts if you have them!

Enjoy the build.

• Haha 1