Larger models

John  Tee

On 25/03/2021 at 10:55, Den Moran said:

I have a Super Tigre 2000 25cc

15 hours ago, Den Moran said:

trying to find out what ignition battery to use

I'm confused, surely it just needs a normal glow stick on starting up?

3 hours ago, Den Moran said:

Thanks, Frank, but I still need to know what the battery is called etc. For example I use some 2200mah 3S batteries for my foamies. They are called '2200mah 3S batteries' - it's the NAME I do't know, please.

OK for the receiver and servos, unless the model is fitted with high voltage servos then you would need a 5-6volt power supply, either 4/5 cell Nimh (I only use sub C cells on large models), 2s Life (if servos are good for 6v) or Lipo and BEC. High voltage servos are OK on a 2s Lipo.

You'd need to check what voltage the ignition can run on, some are 4.8v only (4 cell Nimh, AA cells are fine) some will also rated for 4.8 to 7.4v, so 4/5 cell Nimh, 2s LiFe or 2s Lipo. 

My apologies to all!

Yes, I have a Super Tigre which is glo + stick as per. I also have a 30cc petrol engine from an ultimate that is petroil mix, and has a spark plug. I wanted to know what battery was suitable for the ignition system on the latter, is all. It's old age! 

P.S. anyone got any good tips for accurately mixing 25:1 petrol:two-stroke ol mix, please?

Thank you, everyone, I am getting there, honest!

Re fuel mixing, most garden machinery shops sell mixing bottles marked to give various ratios, also some oil bottles have the amount of oil required for a given mix on the rear label, the deluxe materials one has.

As for the ignition battery, if in doubt just use a 4 cell Nimh battery, while the older ignition units were only rated for a 4 cell Nimh battery the more modern ones are fine with both 4 cell Nimh and 2 cell Lipo.