ARUP

Well done Keith. A challenging unorthodox build but the end result is a testament to your skill and hard work. Good luck with the maiden when you can. 🤞
I bought the plan and laser cut parts some time ago so your build log will be invaluable when I get around to making a start, hopefully soon, so thank you for that. 👍

Hi.

I've been asked a few questions from some close friends I'll answer them here .

The weight is 5lbs .

The area is 800sq.inches

It balances spot on with a 4.8volt battery placed under the tank .

I angled the U/C/ forwards a bit to allow it to sit properly on the ground

I lengthened the nose by1.5"" at the original redesign stage .I also straightened some of the outlines .

The Arup is rather cumbersome so I found it was easier to pin the covering and adjust , prior to tacking and shrinking .

Keep well

Keith

• 9 months later...

Here is an update.

Due to restrictions ,weather and a niggling on going complaint only yesterday did we manage a maiden flight .

Had taken the Arup to the field a few weeks ago in the very hot weather and a few issues came to light .

The ail . snakes had expanded unevenly to a point where I felt It was unwise to test fly .

We did try some taxiing runs but it continually dug its nose in !!

Back to the workshop or the playroom as Sarah calls it , for a re think .

I had gotten away with ail snakes on previous model but I think this was a step too far .

I bit the bullet and put mini servos in the wing tips with direct coupling to the ails.

On the nosing over issue I moved the wheels forward an inch and more accurately balanced the plane by hanging it from two hooks screwed in near the wing tips .

John Ballenger of the South Wales Valley Fliers Club did the honors for the test flight .

To be fair he had searched the Web for flight information and felt it would either be spectacular or fly well .

On a blustery day on a non too perfect strip he took off and with very little trimming had what he called a Pussycat to fly !

Alan West another member commented that it did fly Spectacularly Well !!

Hopefully I've managed to add some photos .

We are both seen holding the plane after the flight .

John on the left and myself "Deputy Dog " on the right 

If I manage to get some flying shots I post them  

Keith .