Jet Pack Paramedic - Coming to a Hillside Near You!

EvilC57

Posted by Ben B on 30/09/2020 22:50:55:

They're amazing devices but how many people in the world can fly one and how many people have tried? It's far from simple to fly one of those devices. It's a steep learning curve and not everyone has the core strength and co-ordination.

They (BBC Breakfast) interviewed the designer on TV, and he said most people pick it up within two days of training on a safety tether. He also said some have picked it up within 5 to 10 minutes.

I guess it’s a matter or coordination and balance, like learning to ski or ride a bike.

I think the problem is a mater of equipment transport, when a first responder gets to a patient what do they do? I know its nice for a patient to see assistance come over the hill towards them but then what.....? The most qualified paramedic with no useful kit is a first-aider.

I'm not knocking the idea but practically its a bit of a novelty and if there was an accident whilst flying or landing you've them got multiple patients on the hill side.

Now jet powered quad bikes would be an idea.....!