CAA Operator Identity

Posted by john stones 1 on 20/10/2020 19:41:42:

I'm going call lol on that one Matty, we've spent the last 20 years (I know it seems longer) writing ream upon ream on this topic, but a quick chat with plod is onerous, to be stood on a Cold hill chatting to plod, you'd have to be out on a Cold hill already, wrap up warm folks. wink

Fair enough - we can each operate in the way we feel is easiest for us. However what is not debateable is that the system as is doesn't allow registered persons to update their information on demand, and it's unclear whether updating information via the BMFA portal will cascade to the CAA. Just because Gov systems have a habit of being poorly designed and implemented doesn't mean we shouldn't bother to point out when they do fall short!

• 2 months later...
Posted by Keith Berriman on 13/01/2021 11:03:03:

I have a friend building his second electric model hoping to take up flying later this year?

At our club he is allowed three visit with a member to try out his skills etc before he has to pay his fees

My question his will he have to have his CAA registration in place before his first visit??

The model will need an Operator ID (i.e. CAA registration) on it before it can be flown - either his, or that of whoever invited him.

He will need some form of recognised competency as well, although he could fly it under direct supervison if you are BMFA members and the instructor is competent - https://rcc.bmfa.uk/article-16

Dick

Edited By Dickw on 13/01/2021 11:10:54