RCM&E Nov 2020 issue

Roy Hill 3

Hello.

I am not able to view the November issue in the archives, it is not shown. Yet it is shown on the home page as a preview. Why is this? Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, why is the latest issue put out on "Pocket Mags" sites days before it appears on the Modelflying site?

If anyone can inform me I'd be grateful.

Thank you.

Ian.

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 29/10/2020 15:06:16

November issue of RCME arrived today.

I have to say that having a small Galloping Ghost plan as the only free plan is a disappointment. Not inspiring! OK as an additional plan perhaps but not an incentive to buy the mag - in my opinion. Am I alone in saying that plans like Ohmen, Miss Sizzle, Rans Chaos, Peggy Sue2, etc etc make me want to buy the magazine and rush to clear the bench then start cutting balsa? I don't get that feeling about Quickie Ghost.

Considering there seems to be a balsa shortage I expected a plan made from some other material - Depron, foamboard or liteply. Or perhaps a re-hash of an old article on cutting foam wings.

Like the rest of us kc you are obviously a fan of Peter’s designs and although his output is prodigious you can’t expect him to produce a new design every month! I quite like the Galloping Ghost plan and i can see myself knocking one up over a few evenings to fly with my grandson before too long. He is mad keen on aeroplanes - a healthy sign, although my wife takes the opposite view, putting it down to a defective gene - a throwback to me. 😂
Why don’t you submit a design yourself to the magazine kc, I am sure everyone has a design in them.

Edited By Piers Bowlan on 30/10/2020 16:07:24

Bob, i like your sense of humuor!

Piers, I do like Peter Miller's designs- good size, designed for electric, practical construction methods etc, but I was hoping that every alternative month there would be some other designer's work waiting to fill RCME!

Posted by David Ashby - Moderator on 29/10/2020 15:09:34:

Incidentally, I've just finished re-uploading all digital issues back to 2007 in the digital archive, so flash problems should be a thing of the past. If you do get a hiccup then do try clearing your browser cache/history as this usually does the trick.

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 29/10/2020 15:10:02

Very much appreciated David. It's great news that all the valuable knowledge in them is available once more. thumbs up

Gordon

• 2 weeks later...

27th Nov - I am an overseas subscriber and I still have not received my issue.

Was it sent ? Has this latest UK lockdown stalled the magazine again. I am already 2 issues down - digital access doesn't really make up for magazines in my hands. I ask the RCM&E management to consider sending a printable pdf copy to those who want it so I can at least have a printed version I can read anywhere ie not on a devise

Thanks, fingers crossed it arrives soon.

Posted by DaveyP on 14/11/2020 10:49:45:

I'm not a subscriber but I haven't been able to buy it in the newsagents/supermarkets either......

Solution, get a subscription, a lot cheaper too. Every cloud...

Apparently you can get some free permagrit kit if you buy a subscription but you better be quick as the offer ends today!

Posted by Philkiteflyer on 27/11/2020 07:25:37:

27th Nov - I am an overseas subscriber and I still have not received my issue.

Was it sent ? Has this latest UK lockdown stalled the magazine again. I am already 2 issues down - digital access doesn't really make up for magazines in my hands. I ask the RCM&E management to consider sending a printable pdf copy to those who want it so I can at least have a printed version I can read anywhere ie not on a devise

Thanks, fingers crossed it arrives soon.

I've heard nothing to say they haven't Phil, but will check.