RCM&E Nov 2020 issue

Roy Hill 3

Posted by David Ashby - Moderator on 27/11/2020 12:44:22:

Copies were posted overseas Phil. Might be worth dropping subscriptions an email?

15th Dec. Still now November issue and no reply from 'Subscriptions. To make things worse, the local newsagent is now selling OCT issues. That means there was a shipment got thru. I am usually 3 months ahead of the newsagent.

This is not boding well to recieving what I've paid for. I would rather be told bad news than be left in the dark. We are now 45 days since release ! ! ! !

Someone tell me something . . pleease

Phillip C

Edited By Philkiteflyer on 15/12/2020 05:04:08

Phil I am in the same boat as you in Dunedin no November issue yet, Emailed subscriptions got a reply after a week!

Apparently sending another copy but may take up to 28 day,s to arrive, wonder if the December/Jan issue will arrive first assuming it is coming, who knows?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Tim A on 15/12/2020 06:24:13:

Phil I am in the same boat as you in Dunedin no November issue yet, Emailed subscriptions got a reply after a week!

Apparently sending another copy but may take up to 28 day,s to arrive, wonder if the December/Jan issue will arrive first assuming it is coming, who knows?

At least you got a reply, I haven't yet. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Xmas Eve - And still no magazine.

Getting grumpy for xmas.

• 3 weeks later...

Well somethings work albeit VERY SLOWLY, just received my November issue today 11th January after email sent to RCME.

Now where is my Dec/Jan issue? Never mind February!

It raises the question will my missing copy/copies ever turn up and if not where are they, perhaps they are holidaying on the South of France. I know things are very iffy and long drawn out with mail and freight etc. but if Royal Mail and N.Z. Post can get a copy here in just over 28 days (3/12/2020 to 11/01/2021), then surely my normal copy can in 3 1/2 months approx.

How many others out there are in the same boat, canoe, plane, ship or or whatever?

Maybe some communication from our Illustrious Editor should be forthcoming? Come on RCME we paid our money now come up with the GOODS.

**Edited unnecessary reference to tragic accident**

Edited By Martin Harris - Moderator on 10/01/2021 23:01:15

For the record I’m in Australia, recently subscribed to RCM&E (rather than buying it in the newsagent), and received the November issue around the 23rd of November. The December/January issue arrived before Christmas. So the magazines are going out and the distribution process here is working.

On the other hand I ordered a canopy from a supplier in the UK a few months ago, it was posted the next day and it took about six weeks to arrive and the box it came in was quite damaged.

I think its luck of the draw at the moment with so much shopping being done online, restrictions in various countries etc. Especially so with Christmas shopping.

Tim/Phil – I’ve noticed that my RCM&E (and Model Airplane News from the US which I also subscribe to) has a return address of Braeside, Victoria, Australia from memory. So it seems the magazine printers/distributors in the UK and the US use the same distributor here in Australia, so there are a few steps in the process. Maybe the same happens in NZ? If so maybe you can work out who it is (RCM&E may be able to tell you?) and follow up with them?

Easy for me to say as my magazines are arriving (MAN was very irregular in the middle of the year though), however may I encourage you to hang in there!

Craig

Posted by Tim A on 10/01/2021 21:26:56:

Well somethings work albeit VERY SLOWLY, just received my November issue today 11th January after email sent to RCME.

Now where is my Dec/Jan issue? Never mind February!

It raises the question will my missing copy/copies ever turn up and if not where are they, perhaps they are holidaying on the South of France. I know things are very iffy and long drawn out with mail and freight etc. but if Royal Mail and N.Z. Post can get a copy here in just over 28 days (3/12/2020 to 11/01/2021), then surely my normal copy can in 3 1/2 months approx.

How many others out there are in the same boat, canoe, plane, ship or or whatever?

Maybe some communication from our Illustrious Editor should be forthcoming? Come on RCME we paid our money now come up with the GOODS.

**Edited unnecessary reference to tragic accident**

Edited By Martin Harris - Moderator on 10/01/2021 23:01:15

Tim, you're lucky. I'm still waiting for November, Dec/Jan, and a REPLY FROM THE DISTRIBUTORS! ! !

If this is how they treat their 'paid up front' customers I think RCM&E need to change their publisher. They are not customer friendly, cannot be bothered to reply to emails and their auto reply (14.12.2020) says Quote "Please try to avoid emailing us again unless it’s regarding a new issue as this may cause further delays".

I still have had no reply. THIS IS NO WAY TO TREAT PAYING CUSTOMERS !

Mr Ashby, I realise you are no longer editor, but you are moderator of this thread. Can you shake up the distributor for me (all overseas subscribers) please and tell them to respond to emails? ? As I said earlier in this thread, all I want is information explaining any delays.

If I get no action/reply I may have to ignore that instruction and send an email EVERY DAY til I get some service.

VERY DISGRUNTLED,

Phillip C

New Zealand

Edited By Philkiteflyer on 15/01/2021 22:43:41

Edited By Philkiteflyer on 15/01/2021 22:44:24

GOOD NEWS - My November issue has arrived today. 83 days since release ! ! ! ! Now, I'm pleased to receive my magazine but that doesn't excuse the publishers bad (non existant) communications. My 2 emails still have not been responded too.

Please sort out your systems, if I worked like that I would have no clients left and be out of business.

Report Card :- Could do better.

Regards

Phillip Cook

New Zealand.

Edited By Philkiteflyer on 22/01/2021 04:06:51