Fixed wing Beginner

Robin Mosedale 1

I wonder if I could ask for some advice.

I've been intrigued by fixed wing autopilots/stabilizers for a while after using the EagleTree AS3x variants in most of my fixed wings models.

I've discovered Painless360 on youtube and found it enormously helpful.

My interest is not in FPV, but line of sight, employing fencing, stabilisation RTH, but more experimenting with flight planning. emulating proper circuit join, approach and landing (we'll see).

It's an experiment, with a view to enhancing some traditional aircraft if satisfactory.

As an experimental set up I think that I'm settled on:-

SonicModell AR wing 900 PNP, perhaps the 600 if it's not too small, employing 3S 2200mAH LiPo

Matek 765 wing if it has built in OSD

My Rx is a Spektum satellite rx

Middle of the road GPS, Video TX, and camera.

For OSD I think I've seen a RX with plug into Phone and phone mount on radio, but I'll take advice

As to whether INav or Arduplane is more suitable, I'd like to experiment.

Does this sound viable?

Have I missed something?

and most importantly, where does one source these compnents.

The SonicModell AR 600/900 doesn't seem to be available from any UK supplier, only from Bangood which fills me with dread from others experience.

Can anyone suggest where I might source these items from a reliable UK store please?

and do put me right if I've made some mistakes above

Thanks

Robin

Likewise, never had any problems with my Bangood orders. Just be aware that items generally take about three weeks to arrive from China on average, so if you need something in a hurry you are buying from the wrong place. Also read the reviews of the products you are planning to buy, you will soon see if the product is a bargain or a turkey.

The part in the OP that I understand is that something seems to be available at Banggood only....

People all over the world are ordering stuff from there. Especially cheap stuff. They tend to get what they order. Especially in current times, shipping sometimes takes a while.

Last week I ordered some items from Banggood, 5 were marked from CH, 1 item was marked from CZ . All arrived today one parcel from Coalville, Liecs. the other from CZ a small pack arrived later through the post from Germany. The day after I ordered some items from Balsa Cabin I had a message from My Hermes they had been collected, I am still waiting although I have been messaged they will be delivering today..