New Futaba T16IZ Transmitter

Tim Flyer

I see Futaba are soon to be releasing a new upper end “enthusiast level” transmitter that shares the antenna improvements from their mega expensive 32mhz and also has lithium 2000mah battery and LED lighting and voice warnings etc. It’s great that they are finally changing the old antenna that was so vulnerable to transport damage . This does look a great piece of kit!
**LINK**

Agreed.. his 14SG book is really great. I regularly refer to it . Without Malcolm Holt’s book I would have missed a number of features or wasted time trying to fathom things out . Given all the options on these radios guide books are a very worthwhile purchase.

Edited By Tim Flyer on 18/11/2020 08:45:01

Edited By Tim Flyer on 18/11/2020 08:45:30

Posted by Tim Flyer on 18/11/2020 08:43:50:

Agreed.. his 14SG book is really great. I regularly refer to it . Without Malcolm Holt’s book I would have missed a number of features or wasted time trying to fathom things out . Given all the options on these radios guide books are a very worthwhile purchase.

I would formally have agreed - the famous Joedy Drulia Mpx Evo was my bible for TX programming for 10 years - but increasingly they are an outdated concept, as they rely on firmware essentially static throughout the life of the product. Luckily it's far easier to get your information free on the web nowadays to fill the gap (especially for Open source TXs), though that also has it's challenges - old info is rarely removed, so filtering through to the right stuff can be tricky. On balance I still prefer that to an outdated book I had to pay for though!

Edited By MattyB on 18/11/2020 17:19:01

• 7 months later...

FASST has been withering on the vine since the last ETSI changes; I'm amazed it took Futaba this long to finally drop it. Unfortunately you are going to have to accept your FASST RXs are end of life when if/when you next update your TX - there are no non-Futaba TXs that can transmit FASST at thsi point, presumably due to the custom chipset involved (it's the big omission on the MPM protocol list).

Previous relevent threads on the topic...

Edited by MattyB

It looks like the T16iz will transmit Fasst still if supplied for other than Europe.  This is in the online full manual -

image.png.e9c800f66ff7d9f6bda372feff36282b.png

I wouldn't mind one as an upgrade for for my T8fg so that I can use the better priced FHSS as well the collection of Fasst Rx's I already have. Hopefully the T16iz supplied here in NZ, or available from RCJapan, would still be Fasst capable. I see one supplier is offering discounted 16SZ's down here as they have now been replaced by the iz.

Agree with MattyB and I'm sure Fasst Rx's are on the way out. Aftermarket Rx's in that protocol  don't seem to be available often on the Hobbyking site now.