Swizzle Stick

EarlyBird

• 3 months later...

UPDATE

I find I have to be careful with my Swizzle Stick, because I am not the best pilot.

I haven't yet got my A Cert and I lack experience, so it's a steep learning curve.

On mid rates the rolls and loops become very tight and on high rates it's a blur!

It'll easily do loops so tight they appear to happen within the length of the aircraft.

It's a great model but I still can't get it to taxi so I'm probably going to fix the tailwheel in position somehow.

I'm not an experienced pilot so this model has challenged me and I have to respect it.

The wing is extraordinary; amazingly draggy and amazingly 'lifty'.

I did play with flaperons but they weren't for me! So I deleted that mix from my radio.
I am very pleased with the design and it has survived a few rough arrivals with no damage except to my ego.

Overall it's great fun!

KB

Hi Keith,

You are doing amazingly well with Swizzle Stick.  These fun fly models are designed to ultra manoeuvrable.

They originated in The USA and some of the competition events included "Roops" which meant you had to take off, roll, loop, roll, loop, roll, loop and land. This all had to done in well under 30 seconds to stand a chance of winning the event.

There were several other events, all with the same ultra fast and low down manoeuvres.

Flying straight and level at full throttle usually resulted in violent flutter and disintegration of the model.

One of our club members totalled one of mine and then his own before he grasped the idea of throttling back