Mystic 64

Martyn K

It's 61" span and weighs 6 1/2 ibs. 

Originally it was powered with a YS63S and long Hatori pipe, which was a good combo. It's now 9 years old and since been replaced with a YS70FZ. 

As its a kit made by EZ, its quite a light construction. Balsa/ liteply airframe, depron sheeting with a coloured mylar fuel proofed finish.

Screenshot_20210213-211518~2.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/01/2021 at 10:31, Andy Stephenson said:

Nigel,

Sarik have them listed...

https://www.sarikhobbies.com/product/illusion-canopy/

Martyn,

When your Illusion canopy arrives could you photograph and measure it so we can see if it would be good for other pattern-ship projects.

Andy.

I bought one. It's a really useful size. It will fit around a 3.5" wide fuselage. Total length approx 14".

The front end is shaped all the way down, so could even be used on a flat front deck. Illusion had about 1" high rounded front deck. At the rear it is shaped for a 2" high deck. It could be cut shorter to make it fit a slightly higher rear deck.

I'll try and get a photo up at some point.

• 4 months later...

Hello Gunnar

Yes. As the expression goes it literally flew almost hands off from the moment I opened the throttle. Roll rate was a little slow but that was easily fixed.

Sadly, on the 3rd flight the elevator servo gears seized and it went in vertically from about 150m. The engine crankcase was in 3 pieces and the wings and front fuselage was unrecognisable.

However, I am going to build another..

Martyn

• Sad 1

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

After a contest carrier in F3A I became interested in vintage RC 1 Models.

In 2021 I build a Magic with all the Functions and 10 servos.

The Magic is wit a Hacker A50 6S.

Maiden flight in 2022 and now about 50 flights.

Now building a Minare with a OS 46, I only have to finish the model.

A friend  sent me the topic of the Mystic, in 1993 I was in Notch Austria and had the privilege to see all the WC flights of the Mystic.

I have a brand new OS max Hanno special available for my next project.

I hope someone can help me to get a Plan of the Mystic 68. 

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pnpyXWZXj][IMG]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q70/923/pyXWZX.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Thank you for the reply, tomorrow I will ask 

I am looking for a plan, i want to do scratch building.

Om the picture the wing of the Minare in foam.

The plan for the Hanno Mystic was never released. It was kitted as the Mystic 60/90, but as far as I know, no plan was produced for general release.

The Mystic 60/90 has a tail moment ratio than the Mystic 30, the tail volume is different apparently.

The mystic 30 plan is a kit version, no profiles and a flat stab only for assembling the kit.

It seems there is no plan, of course I can build a look alike version and use the profiles of the Dalotel Uno.

May be a kit is hidden somewhere.

That's the biggest problem, building from a kit plan, you have to guess at the wing rib profiles since you can't be certain they retain the same general shape or aspect ratio, all the way to the tip from the only one shown at the root, or is it the one where the wing joins the fuselage. You have to guess unless someone kind soul took scans from a kit and published them on the web.