New from Multiplex - Lentus 3m Glider

I'm thinking about the wheel option which I think is going to cost around 60 euros over here in Europe. Whether it will be worth it or not I'm not sure. My clubs grass landing areas are not the smoothest and the wheel would keep the underside of the fuselage off the ground and give me the option to land on the asphalt runways which may be better.

I will be using 3S 3000mah lipos simply because I bought a couple new from a friend last summer. I did read somewhere else that someone was very happy using a 3S 2000mah and a 2400mah lipo.

If I go for the wheel option I may look to go to 4S with the smaller prop to enable ROG take offs.

Edited By Steve Colman on 27/01/2021 07:41:48

I've just been giving my RR version a good looking at, and it is all very good indeed. Love this bit from the flying section of the instructions:

"To avoid losing sight of the machine be sure to leave the thermal in good time. Remember that a glider is always easier to see under a cloud than against a clear blue sky. If you have to lose height in a hurry, do bear the following in mind:

The structural strength of the LENTUS is very great for this class of model, but it is not infinite. If you attempt to destroy the model forcibly, please don’t expect any sympathy or compensation from us (alas, we speak from experience)."

The retracts look an easy retro fit, will have a look after I've flown the model & they become available.

My daughter just rang to say mine has been delivered, asked her to hide it from my accountant till I get home.

I've ordered the full MPX wiring loom set and the retractable wheel, in for a penny in for a pound. By the time I get the cable, MPX connecters and the faff off making them.. Life is too short.

Would make a great review model for the mag, I bet David has been hovering over the buy button smile p

Posted by Devcon1 on 27/01/2021 11:18:44:

My daughter just rang to say mine has been delivered, asked her to hide it from my accountant till I get home.

I've ordered the full MPX wiring loom set and the retractable wheel, in for a penny in for a pound. By the time I get the cable, MPX connecters and the faff off making them.. Life is too short.

Would make a great review model for the mag, I bet David has been hovering over the buy button smile p

Yep, my kit version arrived from Wheelspin this week. wink 2

Haven't really had time to look closely but I've a few bits lying about so hopefully shouldn't need to buy much. I'm hoping my MVVS 3.5 1200 will fit as it's a lovely bit of kit.

Steve, I understand the RR version has been harder to get than the kit and I suspect it's been very hard for Perkins to gauge the demand in the UK at this time for new products.

I'm always impressed by the Multiplex kit offerings, the level of thought, engineering, presentation and detail that they go into makes putting their models together a real joy.

Devcon1, I live in Spain so Perkins has nothing to do with my order.

I ordered mine along with a friend, direct from our LMS which ordered them direct from Multiplex on a limited introductory offer of 515 euros for the RR version. From Germany to Spain shouldn't be this slow.

Agree about Mpx's quality, especially the kits. Worryingly however, I've been reading that there have been quality issues with the RR version. The first being poorly glued rear fuselage resulting in lack of rigidity. Secondly, reports of some unsightly "gatoring" of the foam above the wing spars caused by the removal from the mould too quickly. This could equally affect the wings in the kit version too so I advise everyone to check their model upon arrival.

I'll certainly be checking mine very carefully before I accept it, even if it does mean having to wait even longer.

Edited By Steve Colman on 29/01/2021 22:13:58

Edited By Steve Colman on 29/01/2021 22:14:34