Problem with ESC setting up

Tosh McCaber

I'm a novice with the intracies of electric power, having recently converted from ic to battery operation.  I've so far managed previously to set up a couple of electric models with motor/ esc operation.

However, can anyone help with an infuriating problem setting up the esc/ motor operation on my latest motor glider?  I switch on Tx with throttle to full.  Then, I plug in motor/Rx battery.  On my other models, I get a triple musical di di le beep beep beep (excuse my lack of a musical keyboard!!).  Then we're set to go.

With this setup, after the musical triple start-up tone- there's a continuous beep beep beep from the RX/Esc, which carries on no matter that the throttle is at full or low.  I can't get Rx /Esc beeping to stop.

I'm sure that it's something silly that I'm not getting right.  Any suggestions appreciated.

After the musical triple start-up tone-da da da- then there's a continuous beep beep beep from the RX/Esc, no matter that the throttle is at full or low. I can't get Rx /Esc beeping to stop.

I'm sure that it's something silly that I'm not getting right. Any suggestions appreciated.

Edited By Tosh McCaber on 11/12/2020 19:59:48

Edited By Tosh McCaber on 11/12/2020 20:01:23

The first time you calibrate the esc and set the full and low power settings.

Set the throttle at full and turn on the tx and rx and at the first bip you pull back to low throttle.and after that there will be a battery cell count beeps and the esc is loaded and ready.

After this you will need to set the motor brake on,, (motor glider) by using the manual for the esc. or a programing card

Good luck

Soren

Check that the throttle range is set to default and in the correct direction (common problem with Futaba). The ESC probably needs to see the pulse width at 1000mS or less. Make sure you haven't got trim adding to the low position and try backing it right off if you still can't get it to train.

Every ESC I've had needed initialising by setting the throttle wide open, powering up (prop removed!) and shutting once it's had a good beep.

One more thought - check you haven't got a throttle cut set!

Thanks so far guys- No matter how I start- always Tx first- throttle set to full power, or idle, plug in battery to ESC, the same thing- after the musical triple start-up tone-da da da- there's a continuous beep beep beep from the RX/ESC, which does not stop!

I should said that all was working a couple of days ago, before I disconnected everything to service/ repair the plane, so I thought that it was in bind mode. But now, I've tried to rebind the TX/Rx. So, on plugging in the Rx battery without the tranny being on, the continuous beeping starts, and doesn't stop! Bleedin' frustratin'!!

Tosh, I have had this happen.

Have you got the info sheet that came with the ESC?, If not, you will probably be able to download it. If you can run to it, a programme card is easier to use. If you have got the instructions, try and put it back to the default settings.

I had to ditch mine in the end, as no matter what card, instruction sheet I used, I could not find a match. In the end HKUK gave me a full refund, as it was obviously duff!.

If you really cannot get it to work, try for a refund.

What make is it?.

Tosh

A continuous beeping means the ESC is telling you something is wrong. Obviously it is not receiving a signal from the Tx but the fact it does not stop when the Tx is turned on means either it is still not receiving a signal from the Rx or something else is wrong.

The fact it did all work before you took it to bits suggests it could be as simple as it is not all back together correctly. Check all connections are sound, the plugs are in the correct sockets and are the right way round.

If all appears correct then you may have a faulty component. By far the easiest way to proceed is by substituting each bit one at a time into a system that does work until you find the bit that stops it working.