Where do you start with CNC?

Thank you

Flying Flynn - that detailed level of instruction was just what I needed to 'get me going'. Every day really is a school day! I actually imported your F2 balsa part AND my trace looks like yours! -Thank you

Never used layers before- guess I work in a single plain- will explore more.

JVR -Also Thank you- Vectric -also looks good- watched youtube videos. BUT they did mention a licence fee! Will watch and learn more as does look comprehensive package.

As an aside this morning -after last nights drawing session the Denford Novamill CNC mill produced a prototype 42pin connector pin holder - I'm still tempted to change controller from original Denford for mach3 or a newer USB system. If I can make it interchangeable at the plug - then I have best of both worlds. You see when retired every day is Christmas/Play day!

Yes there was time for a Turkey lunch- I have a one in a million - all mine - and after 40 years I'm keeping her!

Thanks again

Pete

I think that would be better etiquette Bob.

Incidentally, once you have a tracing on one layer, for something simple like my F1 example, you can use the box tool and the angle tool to really zone in on the trace accuracy - add a new layer, trace a rectangle over your original trace, add a 45 degree and a -45 degree line of the correct length in the relevant corners (measure your triangular stock for the hypotenuse dimension) and basically you have a more accurate trace.

• 11 months later...

Hi I have just completed my first simple drawing of a motor mount in CamBam but not attempted to assign any machining code. Is there anyone on here that I can send the file to that can cut it for me .Ideally I am aiming for 2 pieces cut from 2mm carbon but would seem sensible to cut from ply first as I really am at the very bottom of the learning curve.

Payment will of course be made.

Any advice appreciated