Twister Ninja 250

Rich Griff

11 minutes ago, concretefingers said:

Just bought one of these today. I'm returning to heli flying after a break of a few years.To be honest it was on a whim £49 Mikes Models in Brum.. Partly because I the 1st he'll I bought was a Twister Medivac from that shop  What's the worst reversible happen.

I'll tell you what happened..... I had a ball! I used to fly a 450  on a spectrum DX7

I was never that good but could fly figure 8's hover nose in ect.  I think it's been a decade since I've flown ( 2 kids ago anyway) . 

Last heli had was a a little blade 230s.  I think!! The little Twister felt strange and there seems to be a lot of dead zone on the sticks in more 1 ( beginner) but  3 batteries in and I'm doing figure of eights in my 15 ft X 20 ft ( minus wardrobe/tv space)  bedroom. What a ball !!! The bug has come back.and bitten me.

Welcome to the forum CF.

Yes, I fly mine down the football field on calm days. No tree top movement seen from kitchen but the flags always seem to fly at about a quarter at the field.

I keep the helo close and upwind and it will "penetrate" quite well, as does the Lidl larger drone.

It's great in a sports hall as are both drones which encourages accurate flying and control.

Good fun.

The only down side, house is tiny, unused village hall a no no venue sadly, they wanted the hall for the community but don't like it being used, let's the heat out probably.

The twister ninja 250 is well worth the money, get a few spare batteries....😁

Still enjoy mine - I always take in on holiday as it is small and neat (although the Eachine TX16S transmitter I use for it isn't)

Once you get used to it you can have a blast - get it low and then give it full speed forwards so it drops until it just skims the ground then as you slow it will aotomatically pull up - great fun.

Full speed spirals work well too (full rudder / tail rotor) reducing throttle to let it spiral down.

Note that it turns differently in each direction so get used to left and right hand circuits as they are quite different.

I will finish my review one day - totally forgot about it with everything else going on!

For those that want to fly a bigger heli with ease see my channel where I show my ALZRC X360 helicopter flying hands off with a H1 GPS flight controller - it will even flip inverted at the flick of a switch and still sit there hands off!

So I'm a few flights in, So much fun. Wish there was  heli like this when I started . My 1st heli was a Twister Medical coaxial, I loved that little heli , but every brush with a wall or carpet broke something ! This little ninja bounces . I really like it . Only been flying round the bedroom whilst Mrs watches TV downstairs.  So much fun though.