Aviation on TV

GrumpyGnome

I enjoy Flying Through Time, but personally I find The Aviators pretty poor, since it concentrates so much on US General Aviation - might be more interesting to full scale pilots but it's not for me.

There's loads of other aviation-based documentaries of variable quality on the various Discovery channels, Smithsonian, Forces TV etc and these make for great weekend morning viewing at the moment.

One that does wind me up a bit is Wings of War, because they cut fast and loose with the accuracy of the film footage that they use - recent examples include an FW56 Stosser in the programme about WWI scouts and a B-17 bombing the RAF sector stations in the Battle of Britain.

This is a good thread to flag up any interesting documentaries as they come on - very often they are repeated with a few days, which gives a second opportunity to see them if you miss it first time. Thanks for posting GG

Been watching quite a bit of you tube since I got this internet phone.

Seen quite a few alarming r/c plane crashed and incidents.

The flyers don't seem to land Thier planes very well, undercarriage failures and some really bad crashes, the big ju52 in particular!

Don't hear the "landing" or "dead stick" announcement.

Perhaps more pilots should take up slope soaring...

Edited By Rich Griff on 30/12/2020 09:38:57