Sticking micro servos to carbon

Cheers Mark. Will check out the Giant Power lipos. I thought about getting something really flat to go ontop of the servos but for now I will finish everything and see how it balances with the 2S 300 that I have (I feel happier running 2S over 1S). At least there are a few options.

Shame you don't fly anymore - hopefully you will get back into it some day. I stopped flying for about 15 years and recently started again. Wish I hadn't left it for so long!

Interesting. I bought both a 1S and a 2S to see which fits best but the servos move so much slower on the 1S that I immediately picked the 2S. Yes I've just got a Taranis just for the DLG and one of the new Access telemetry receivers monitoring the voltage is no problem. Pretty impressed with the Taranis. Just got to figure out how to program it - looks a bit of a mission even if you use SoarOTX but I'm sure I will figure it out.

On the bench, switching between cell counts it does make it look like the servos are quite slow on 1s, but you quickly get used to the 1s to the point where they still look pretty zippy.

In the air you notice zero difference, the KST X08 on 1s is plenty powerful enough and fast enough for dlg.

Jespers program is the best! Once you get your head around it, it's very simple to set up.

All the best with your Snipe, will always be the best dlg out there despite how things progress and whatever new and improved planes come out, the good old Snipe will never be beaten IMO.