Precedent HiBoy 2 Build Instructions

Mathew Spearey

It's possible that someone might have a copy of the instructions available, but if not, the Hiboy is very much a standard trainer model and will follow the basic setup principles for most high wing trainers. I'm sure we can can up with a list of checks that you can use to get going in the absence of the original build manual. Learned to fly power on a Hiboy myself back in the 80s.

Welcome to the forum Mathew.

Someone may have the HiBoy instructions but if not the excellent instructions from some American kits may also help with servo instalation see this Great Planes trainer instruction book but note the Centre of gravity and control movement will be different on the Hiboy. Note particularly the correct instalation of the rubber grommets on the servos. Much other useful info there too.

Put a few photos of your plane servo area here on the forum and ask for advice -no doubt someone will offer advice.   We will want to know whether your Hiboy has ailerons ( i.e.  3 or 4 channel ) and whether its a foam wing or built up wing version.

Joining a club and being a BMFA member to get insurance are two important things that are desirable. One thing that is mandatory now is registering with the CAA to get an Operator ID before flying. All quite simple though.

Edited By kc on 13/01/2021 13:52:39

Hi Mathew,

Have found the instruction manual to the Hi Boy Series II. I'm afraid it gives no information regarding control throws and the CG is "With the tank FULL the model should hang slightly nose down when supported under the wings between 1/4 to 1/3 of the width of the wing (cord) back from the leading edge." Not very helpful advice as I would never balance a model with a full tank? What I can remember when I had one of these kits ( 30yrs ago?) is tank height was a problem?? Also it weighed a lot but could take a fair bit of punishment.

The instructions do mention "drawings", but I haven't come across those but the advice and link given by DD is very useful.

Mike