Two old boys mucking about with guitars

cymaz

I saw Peter Green playing Albatross, Man of the World etc with Fleetwood Mac (& Christine Perfect?) at Leeds University in 1970. I thought he was the most supremely confident and extrovert performer I had ever seen, so when he crashed and burned and became a recluse for most of the rest of his life I could hardly believe it!

Posted by john stones 1 Moderator on 26/01/2021 23:23:05:

First album. Black Sabbath.

Matthew Boulton Tech during my apprenticeship, there was a cafe/youth club around the corner (possibly Varna Road) which had the obligatory juke-box with Paranoid amongst it's rock biased choices. That got played to death every lunchtime when us Lucas apprentices descended for our sausage sandwiches or meat pies. Happy carefree days eh?

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 27/01/2021 10:33:07

Thanks for the feedback (so to speak) John, Tim and Martin on the Sultans of Swing video.

I’ve watched it many times and like John it just puts a smile on my face every time.

The guitarist on the right in that video (and also the guitarist in the black shirt in Lindsay’s great post above) is Tommy Emmanuel. Here Tommy does a Beatles medley:

** LINK **

Edited By Skip on 31/01/2021 09:36:06

Edited By Skip on 31/01/2021 09:37:28

Posted by john stones 1 Moderator on 31/01/2021 21:50:54:

I'm alive n kicking then. wink

What time does the turn come on tonight ? And who do we like from the Younger musicians/bands ?

My faith in modern music was restored by Finish symphonic metal band Nightwish. Not that well known in the UK.They are led by the impressive Dutch Amazonian lady Floor Jansen. Brilliant live. Went to see them at Wembley a couple of years ago, expecting to be the oldest rocker In town. Fortunately, I did not look a bit out of place. Here one of my favourites

**LINK**

Posted by Dave Garrett 1 on 01/02/2021 18:48:08:
Posted by john stones 1 Moderator on 31/01/2021 21:50:54:

I'm alive n kicking then. wink

What time does the turn come on tonight ? And who do we like from the Younger musicians/bands ?

My faith in modern music was restored by Finish symphonic metal band Nightwish. Not that well known in the UK.They are led by the impressive Dutch Amazonian lady Floor Jansen. Brilliant live. Went to see them at Wembley a couple of years ago, expecting to be the oldest rocker In town. Fortunately, I did not look a bit out of place. Here one of my favourites

**LINK**

I joined a Nightwish tribute in Oxfordshire a few years ago purely because I used to live in the small town that Tarja Turunen had lived in. I fairly quickly realised that I didn't actually like the music, though, and soon left - apparently the keyboard player left on the same day!