Flite Test models

This is my FT Pietenpol built from their kit. I used fine wet & dry paper used dry to abrade the waxy paper surface first. Then a coat of Halfords white primer. The wing was then sprayed using cheap acrylic spray paint, and the fuselage brush painted with  artists acrylic. Both paints were bought from the Works. Seems to be quite durable.

Golden rule as always is to test spray cans on scrap material first. I’ve had “acrylic” spray cans before that have dissolved foam very quickly though these have usually been bought from car spares shops.

HTH

idd

0B9E29D2-A9A4-427D-B42E-48E89B0AD5AE.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Just built and test flown the FT F22  on a 64mm EDF and the FT Viggen on 70mm EDF. Both FLEW perfectly, with only one or two clicks of trim. Currently building the Versa (blunt nose), again for 70mm EDF power. These guys seem to have a cult following in the states, and I am not surprised. Fantastic "How to build" videos, excellent presenters, lots of helpful hints and tips.....the list goes on. Free plan, free videos and foam board at £3 a sheet. What's not to like?. Here in the UK we have got nothing that comes close.  I have enjoyed every second of building / flying these models, and well done FLITE - TEST!. 

• Like 1