FORUM SWITCHOVER: News on your photo albums

I mean no disrespect to any of the mods, who's hard work is much appreciated.

I'm sure that this was as puzzling to the mods as it was to us forumites.

The screen shot clearly shows that the simple facility of selecting photographs in order to do stuff with them has been working at some point in time, so why not now, and why claim that it is an expensive feature to add?

Maybe discuss between yourselves and put the question directly to the developers? 

Sorry to be a pain, but I can't get the smell of Haddock from my nostrils.

• Like 1

Gary, there's no mystery.  Forum moderators have extra functionality which is built into the standard forum software.  We only became aware of this when investigating the problems encountered by the unusual situation created by importing the albums required by the anachronistic software used by the old forum - something which itself was a special request.

Sorry, but the forum software will not allow users to move the non standard import of photos into albums without expensive customised software being commissioned and tested.

I have to agree John, as probably one of the more prolific on the images and blog fronts the new forum is brilliant, I have posted just under a hundred pics, on a blog in almost exactly 14 days with over 2k views, with very little effort and not had to go through the pain of the albums. That alone has made the move a god-send. Not to mention all the other bonusses, and there are many. The old albums contain reduced resolution versions of my images, why would I want to reference them any more?

Cheers

Danny

• Like 1