RAF's Finest Biplane? Hawker Fury MkI

My build is progressing. The fuselage is almost there - I was going to add a picture, but no matter how hard I tried the orientation was wrong. I'll try again sometime. However here is a picture of my interpretation of former F6 against that supplied. How does it compare with your Danny?

Graham

F6

Hi All

Great to see such fantastic progress from Richard and Tony.

Their nearly completed models look fabulous, looking forward to maiden reports smiley

I'm looking to get on with rudder and elevator servo installation and control runs.

Anybody out there have ideas on this ?

I'm thinking putting the servos under the cockpit floor area for ease of access but maybe further forward his better for balance considerations?

Cheers

Msrtin

I haven't done anything with mine since Christmas. Losing about 2 months of shed time in the new year set me back and I concentrated on getting the Touché finished and I am trying to get the Chippie finished as well. When that is done, I'll get back on the Fury and the Rearwin Speedster. However, I have 3D printed some wheels which I am very pleased with.

I haven't forgotten it, I just need a clear bench and some time.

Martyn

• 3 weeks later...

I have been in touch with Nigel Wagstaff of Flightline Graphics re the possibility of him providing decals etc. of K5674 at Duxford. He says this is possible but he would particularly need a detailed image of the cock on the fin of K5674 to do a good job.

I wonder if Martyn, Tony, Danny or any other member could PM me any such image and I will pass it on to Nigel.

He has recently moved house so there will be a delay before the new workshop is up and running..

I have given him a few images of my own to start him thinking...

Thanks,

Stuart

Thanks Danny. Yes, I have looked on your flicker pages and one or two of the cock images would be fine if I could download/save the emblem alone. I was hoping you would do it for me as I don't know how to select part of the total image and then save it ...

Sorry about my lack of technical ability!

Stuart

Hi Ernie. That is kind of you. Perhaps you would lighten the background, I think the diamond was off-white, so the colours of the cock would also be stronger.

Perhaps you would PM the final version to me in as high a resolution as the transmission allows.

I thought if I get a number of the class interested we could keep the price of decals etc. within bounds!

Thanks, Stuart