RAF's Finest Biplane? Hawker Fury MkI

Danny, count me in I - am ordering the plan today.

I am unsure whether to go for the Traplet parts at this stage; I bought a Stepcraft cnc a year ago and it's yet to earn its keep. I will study the plan first and review; transferring plan data to the cutter is a challenge that I have yet to master.

Trevor

Edited By Trevor Rushton on 13/07/2017 07:00:46

Hi Colin

As per my post above, front and rear U/C legs 8SWG

The Axle is 10G. Its actually quite a simple bend for the 8G. The front and rear legs are linked with a short piece of 12G (add to the list) and soldered with axle trapped in the 'V'. No springing on the undercarriage that I think may be changed on a few models

Martyn

For those that are wondering. The 20 SWG brass plate is about .9mm I ordered some for less than £5 from Macc Models. Many of the plates and rigging fittings are made/formed from this.

If you look at the plan you will see that the main legs should telescope/extend. The undercarriage extends and swings backwards on the full size. Easy to replicate on the model so don't get too hung up about that

Cheers

Danny

I just mentioned AWG in case any Belgians or indeed Americans are unaware of this!

This is a Trad British design so it's SWG.   This is one of the cases where mm is clearer - just put a digital caliper on it and it reads mm but never SWG or AWG!

Edited By kc on 13/07/2017 17:31:06

Posted by Danny Fenton on 13/07/2017 16:58:22:

For those that are wondering. The 20 SWG brass plate is about .9mm I ordered some for less than £5 from Macc Models. Many of the plates and rigging fittings are made/formed from this.

If you look at the plan you will see that the main legs should telescope/extend. The undercarriage extends and swings backwards on the full size. Easy to replicate on the model so don't get too hung up about that

Cheers

Danny

is 1mm to thick i have some of that ?

Posted by kc on 13/07/2017 17:28:15:

I just mentioned AWG in case any Belgians or indeed Americans are unaware of this!

... "any Belgians", KC? ... didn't noticed any in Danny's checklist so far... surprise

Anyway, don't worry about me if you were. I've been used to work with US Mil Specs for years in an earlier life. Even the diameter & length of nails to use for wooden shipping crates had their own Mil Spec.

But I still guess the metric system - of course with Arabic numerals - is a lot more convenient. No SWG, AWG, SAS, ASA, different land miles, NM, ... etc. Unfortunately my (very) cheap Shenzhen digital calipers only accepts to read in metric. crying

By the way, how many liters in a 'gallon'? angel

Cheers

Chris