K3731 Martians Fury 1

Thank you Martyn and Tony. Martyn the cowl has had one coat of rustoleum chrome spray it will get at least two more. I have experimented with a number of different chrome and Ali paints and found this the best applied in light coats it looks very much like polished aluminium although not chrome

Great work Martian. Re the false rivets, have you tried using an auto centre punch instead of a hammer? It would give you consistency of force which can be a tad difficult with a hammer, especially after you’ve been at it for a while. You can also get adjustable auto centre punches. Just a thought.........

Posted by Ron Gray on 24/01/2019 09:35:08:

Great work Martian. Re the false rivets, have you tried using an auto centre punch instead of a hammer? It would give you consistency of force which can be a tad difficult with a hammer, especially after you’ve been at it for a while. You can also get adjustable auto centre punches. Just a thought.........

Thank you Ken I'll look into that

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

I have been still working on the fuselage and it is all covered and clad with litho where appropriate I should warn you it piles on the weight 38 oz bare 82oz with lipo's and motor . Instrument panel complete and fitted seat and seat back panel complete and fitted ,here are the pics see what you think

dscf8157.jpg

dscf8156.jpg

dscf8155.jpg

dscf8154.jpg

dscf8153.jpg

dscf8148.jpgdscf8147.jpg

dscf8146.jpg

dscf8145.jpgdscf8144.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Wow it's nearly a month since posting an update I have been working away on it fuselage very nearly complete ESC and motor are in and tested with the massive prop kind of blew everything around in the hanger with barely any throttle . The truth is I find it difficult to focus on keeping the thread updated I have been experiencing severe stomach pain and am under going a series of invasive tests it may not be good news for me but it's not confirmed yet so am trying to be optimistic . I will get some progress pics together asap.

Hi Martian. I wish you all of the best with the health problem, stay positive. It is the sort if thing that we all worry about, particularly as we get older, but the medical profession seems to get better at dealing with this kind of thing so optimism is the word.

I am fretting a bit about not being able to get on with my top wing for a few days but being in Victoria Australia does have its compensations. I am staying with family very close to Moorabbin airfield and the air museum there with many interesting planes, including a Beaufighter. On Friday I am going to the Australian National Air Display at Avalon, which will be something else. Could be 35C though, but I’ll put up with that! I’ve got a big hat.

Edited By Colin Leighfield on 26/02/2019 21:17:33

Hi Martian,

Very sorry to hear of your health problems. I just wish that words of sympathy and encouragement will help. One thing that can help is having something to focus on and occupy the mind, taking the one's attention off the problem, as Chris has suggested. Concentrating on the Fury may help.

Best wishes, and good luck. You have a lot of support from everyone who has been watching your thread.

William

Hello Martian,

Regarding the Fury build, I'm afraid I didn't even start my construction.

I had a total disk 'crash' on my previous laptop and I lost all the research I did to 'resurrect' the former ex-Belgian Congo K4316, leaving me behind with an very uncomplete back-up.

I even met the daughter of the person that had done the rebuild of the full size, but all that info and pics are gone too.

As a result I went back to my other hobby, being acrylic painting on canvas. I'm now close to finish my last works as we have an exhibition during the last week-end of March.

After that I hope to find the mojo to go on and finish my Vicomte 1916. Do you remember Vicky? ...

All the best to you.

Cheers

Chris

Sorry to hear that Chris we rely so heavily on our it equipment i try to remember to back up to a spare hard drive. With regard to your progress i was talking about Vicky , doesn't matter what you do as long as the brain is kept working in between building i read a book or two a week , determined to keep the grey matter busy

Posted by 2W on 27/02/2019 19:17:10:

Hi Martian,

Very sorry to hear of your health problems. I just wish that words of sympathy and encouragement will help. One thing that can help is having something to focus on and occupy the mind, taking the one's attention off the problem, as Chris has suggested. Concentrating on the Fury may help.

Best wishes, and good luck. You have a lot of support from everyone who has been watching your thread.

William

Thank you William

• 4 weeks later...

Well I,m relieved to find I don,t have any cancer now I can get back on with my life smiley

below some pictures of progress I have made on the Fury also have decided to model K5682 .

3D prited wheels from stl files kindly suplied by Tony Bennett neoprene tyres . now ready to crack on with the wings

dscf8180.jpg

dscf8179.jpg

dscf8178.jpg

dscf8177.jpg

dscf8176.jpg

dscf8170.jpg

dscf8164.jpg

dscf8162.jpg

dscf8161.jpg

dscf8159.jpg