At last after a 3 week wait the plan and parts arrived from Sarik .I have almost everything I need to start and enough bad weather to keep me away from the flying field, First set back, my Grandson and his family are coming for the weekend so no modelling till Sunday night. If the weather stays as it is I will catch up and have it flying before next winter.

Eric r.

Hi Martian and all, just could not wait till Monday. I have the original Dennis Bryant plan and during the time I was waiting for the new one I felt tempted to start on the fus. rear framework but as the plan was faded I resisted, just as well as there is a difference in depth between the old and the new . I had intended to build on the old plan and keep the new one for reference but when I laid the laser cut side panel on the old plan it was smaller in depth, the length is ok. the cut parts are slightly under size on the new plan but not enough to cause a problem. I hope this is only a small glitch I did think the 3/16"sides would be slotted for the formers but it is easy enough to cut them before glueing them together.

Hi Martian, I did get everything from Sarik , the old plan was stretched a bit with age it was almost falling apart.However the basic side pieces were 1/16" undersize so I had to glue a strip along the top to bring it up to size. the other fault I have found is the tapered pieces at the rear are cut from 1/4" sheet instead of 3/16"I have opened up the slots in F11 to accommodate them.The family have now gone home so it is full steam ahead now. Just one point have you used the brass etched parts from Ernie as the Vee pieces for the cabane bracing don't match the drawing.

Eric.

Posted by Martian on 27/02/2020 21:17:24:

Hi Eric I take it you got the plan cut parts from the from same place i.s Sarik if so parts should match to plan

Hi Martian yes the parts match the plan but the plan does not match the parts . I should have spent more time reading Danny's build I was well on with the fuselage when I noticed F6 was not right both in width and when positioned the line from the cockpit to the front was not straight. Not my day the weather improved up in the north so I ventured up to the flying field for a first flight of my new build Me 109e. It's the Cambrian 65" span version. The retracts worked fine during setting up at home but when I got to the field pre flight check both went up only one come down, back home after stripping it out the circuit board was the culprit new one on order. I can't remember having much trouble building the Bryant Bristol Bulldog, just that it was a lot of work having said that it was about 1985.

How do I load a photo on to this site? computers are not my strong point.

Eric.

Ok we will do it in steps first after logging in so we are on a common page click forum is on that page on the very top there is a red menu bar running left to right now click on album a new page will be displayed as you have no albums yet create an album name it and enter a description of you want then save it more tomorrow let me know how you get on 👍

Hi Martian, I have the folders on the forum but the photos I want are on my phone. today I loaded an app from Microsoft to link the phone and pc it gets to the final part and states there are just two questions before we complete your account then the dots rotate and nothing happens. At least I managed some flying today.

After much frustration and a lot of help from Martian I have managed to insert a photo. This was the last Dennis Bryant model I built, It was destroyed by wasps. In the days when r/x's cost half a weeks wages I took the bottom wing of removed the battery and r/x stored the plane in the shed for the winter. When the better weather came I went into the shed to prepare the model as I picked it up I felt a stinging sensation followed by a swarm of wasps coming out of the fuselage. I dropped it and run for the wasp killer after spraying it all over, after awhile I went back to see the damage, the fuselage had collapsed most of the stringers and balsa formers were chewed up and formed into a honey comb. I think if Sarik had the lazer cut parts I would build another one it was more complex than the fury but it flew well with a Fox 61 two stroke motor and Futaba 27htz radio.

Eric r.

• 2 weeks later...

Good progress end of week 2. sorry no photos as the phone and computer have stopped talking again. They both say they are linked and then don't transfer the data even with the usb cable it says photos detected then nothing it just freezes . I have spent almost as much time on the computer as the fury.

Hi Martian done that with the USB cable it comes up after a while 947 photos detected so far so I left them both on and after 1/2 an hour nothing. I think I will finish the Fury before I get the next photo on . I will go to the 3 shop and see if they can sort it out. That's if the shops aren't on lock down.

Hi Eric try connecting via usb ignore the auto detect of files close that window if you can then go into my computer where the drives are listed identify your phone drive then click into it and steer to the files containing your pic files or images now decide where you want to place them then cut or copy a block of twenty files then paste into your chosen location. It's probable the auto file transfer is overloaded for either the phone or pc so the transfer freezes then fails . Give it a go 😎

Posted by Martian on 15/03/2020 21:19:25:

That fuselage looks good and you are going ic i notice

Martian,I am leaving the options open, I will go electric first and if the flight times are not too good I will convert to Ic. I plan on putting a 5s in the bay for the servos it will fit in vertically and run the wires through where the engine bearers go.

Martin I will try your suggestion next time I have something to upload. At the moment I am loading with cold so progress has slowed up.