Hi Eric. Nice progress.

I also had anightmare with the canbane strts. Had to reamade the rear wire.

Almost all of us had added shearwebs in the wings because of the thinner profile and the balsa spars were a bit on the softer type (At least in my case). The plan call for working rigging that put some stress in the structure.

Keep the good work.

José Luis

dsc_0537[257].jpgThanks Jose and Martin . I keep jumping from one task to another. I did not like the rear upper wing rigging fastener with the wire lopped around a single point. The full size has two anchor points so I have made a brass triangle to mount the wires on so that they can be adjusted individually. very useful for Mick Reeves rigging fittings. I find the system on the plan is awkward to set up so having the steel links all ready I have made mine like this. The wire is pushed through the link and a piece of brass tube is soldered on the end. I run some solder along the seam of the link tube, apiece of brass tube that would fit over the threaded part would be better but I did not have any.dsc_0536[258].jpg

Edited By Eric Robson on 29/04/2020 14:19:38

Hi Eric, your Fury really is looking fantastic, and getting close to the fun bits!

I am going to take a chance on just anchoring one end of the rigging lines, and making the other end adjustable, as you say it can be a mare trying to re-connect those clevises. I may regret the saving crook

I really am hoping that my model will not be coming apart for transport. My master plan is to convert a van to be a model transporter, as i want to attend a few competitions over the next few years. And the model I am hoping to campaign is a 1/4 scale Chipmunk, one main and one backup/practice model, hence the van. My limited experience so far has shown a van for storage and moving about and tent for accommodation gives me the most flexibility.

Anyway enjoying your build immensely

Cheers

Danny

Edited By Danny Fenton on 29/04/2020 15:18:42

Thanks Danny, I try to build models such as the Fury that will fit in my car built up. that is why I made it one piece.

You will be fine with a van generally they do not have a much bigger footprint than a medium size car. I had a camper van about 20 yrs. ago based on a Talbot chassis and it could go anywhere except a multi story car park. don't ask how I found out. The Chipmunk has always been a favourite of mine. I built the Airsail kit version and put all the detail on, hundreds of rivets It won the scale trophy at our club. I hope you have great success with yours when we get back to flying again.

Cheers Eric.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, after removing the lithoplate from the side. I have been trying a different approach, back to my days of Keil Kraft modelling using card for the sides. I would like to say I have counted the rivets and accurately measured the distance apart but I have not. I looked a photos and guessed as with the dzus fasteners. These were made with a hole punch with two sizes of end. I put the punch in my small milling machine ,clamped the card on a piece of thick plastic and brought the punch down small hole first then the large one, Still working on the holes for the exhaust.dsc_0547[263].jpg

Thanks Martian, last two pictures actually but the other wing is all finished bar the roundels etc. How is your Rigging getting on or have you been busy with the hover things?

I was looking at your build and see you printed your own decals very smart!. I tried that once, the paper I had was transparent so I painted the white and put the red and blue over it . It was a hand launch job no u/c and when it landed on wet grass the ink ran . I now paint them on not very well generally.

smiley Not doing the Fury rigging right now I need to completely tidy my hanger to give enough room to check wing alignment and possibly make new N struts. Bit of a hiccup with the hover thing got something caught in the fan needless to say it shattered not a problem in itself because I printed spares but the duct suffered a little so have printed another. problem is with a single motor being pushed forward it behaves like balancing a pencil on your finger in that a little blow of air at the front make it pirouette but it is fast and hovers well am looking at making a couple of bow thrusters to steer it .normally a single-engined light hovercraft relies on shifting body weight to assist steering its all good fun. My decals were printed on white transfer paper using high definition on the printer and good saturation allowed to dry then pinned to a wall then several coats of poly but not too much otherwise they will be too thick and liable to crack also stand up to much from the surface. I use clear decal paper for black lettering. it's not necessarily cheaper but you do have artistic control.

dsc_0561[283].jpgProduction on the Fury slowed up due to the flying field now open, subject to now usual restrictions.

Top wing finished bar painting, interplane struts covered, motor mounted spinner undersize. Nothing fastened together yet till all parts are painted, still a lot of work before that.

Martian two wings!

dsc_0559[285].jpg

Hi Danny, I made a mask from Fablon and sprayed the white with mat white acrylic, the blue is Humbrol enamel the outline is with a bow pen compass and hand painted fill in. The red is sticker trim but it is too glossy so I will probably hand paint it with enamel.

Cheers Eric.