Hi Danny and all, I have the undercarriage. windscreen and the radiator to sort out along with details like the carb intakes etc. I marked the fuselage for the squadron markings but at the moment I have chickened out of painting them as I don't think I have enough paint and with the local shop closed at the moment I will leave it in works delivery condition, which is marked with K 2065, roundels and fin flash.

Cheers Eric.

Thanks Danny & Martian, unfortunately Newcastle brown ale is no longer made in Newcastle. I doubt if the Fury will fly in a straight line with all the beer cans I have used. hic! hic! Now attempting to put the leather around the cockpit. You can tell the weather is not good I am working on the Fury.

Cheers Eric.

IT FLYS!!, test flight today after ground handling, the rudder works really well on the ground I lined it up and took off. With light breeze it took off on just over half throttle dead straight I had to hold the elevator down even after full trim was reached. After 4 mins. flying I lined up for a landing (not my best ) it needs more nose weight as I had it balanced on the rear cg point on the plan. I flew it without a spinner as I have not sorted out how to fasten it on, the prop shaft is 10 mm aluminium and the spinner bolt is 6 mm. I think I could drill through the hub a 4 mm hole but any bigger would weaken the prop driver as it is only 9mm measured in the depth of the thread. The motor is a boost 60 with an 80amp esc. the prop is APC electric 15x 8 and the battery is 5s 5000. After 4mins. it still had 80% left but I only flew it on half throttle. I wish I had made the servos accessible through the cockpitfrown dsc_0597[747].jpg

Brilliant news Eric, well done. Did you leave your tail-plane incidence as per plan or did you alter it?

That is great news indeed

First to fly I think, or did I miss somebody?

You already said about the Fury going in the car, though great that you don't have to remove U/C. Mine is a later model Mondy than yours and it wont fit. I knew the rear hatch was smaller.

No Damage on your less than perfect landing I hope?

Cheers

Danny

Hi Danny, I built it as plan as it was I had to hold down in as I had run out of trim . If I levelled the tail plane I think it would have just looped all the time. I will add some weight to the nose my battery is behind f1 so I can't move it forward. No damage on landing one of the wing struts popped out but went back OK . Considering it has a tail skid it turned on the ground as if it had a steerable tail wheel.

I was thinking of getting another car mine is a Mercedes B class which I have had from it being 3 months old. I just said the Mondy was off the list when you could not get the Fury in built up. I am keeping the Merc. as it has been so reliable.

If I am first to fly I was last to build as I just started it in March this year, It would not have been finished now if it had not been for the lockdown.

Cheers Eric.

Posted by Ron Gray on 15/06/2020 22:32:46:

Standard pitch for 10mm is 1.5, fine is 1.25 and extra fine 1.0. Looking at some photos of the Boost accessories it looks like it is 1.5 (but appearances can be deceptive!)

In that case it looks like I will have to have the nut that fits the Laser 180 which is 1.5 pitch. it would be the most expensivefrown

Cheers Eric.

This may, or may not help! If you haven't got a thread gauge then rub a Sharpie or pencil on the threads and then press a piece of paper against the threads he impression of which will then get transferred to the paper. Measure a 10mm space and count the number of threads, like this (8 is the 1.5 (Laser) pitch, 10 is fine pitch). Crude but it works!

fullsizeoutput_1528.jpeg

Hi Ron, as expected it is 8. Looking at the Laser nut it appears to be turned down at the end that fits against the prop. probably to locate in the washer or the other nut as 4 strokes generally have 2 nuts holding the prop.

I have a new Boost 60 for my next project and having opened it last night to look at the possibility to drill through the centre and tap M4 the shaft with the new motor is 8 mm. but the nut is 10.

I think that the Laser one Just Engines sell is designed to fit in place of the Laser prop nut, with no lock nut as with the thickness of most props there isn't enough thread on Laser engines for one.

But if you have a special, non standard, requirement, Just Engines will make an adapter for you.