Welcome to RCM&E's new forum!

Is there a way to see a complete list of new posts anywhere?   I often opened a topic which was posted in a forum area I didn't visit habitually because it interested me.  I think we'll miss a lot of helpful replies because users won't be aware of a topic in an area not visited daily  - particularly build threads which can be in a number of areas.

Geoff

Are you familiar with using "My Activity Streams" Geoff?  (posh name for custom filters)  The simple "Unread Content" does much the same as the next picture which shows only posts instead of the mixture of activities - picture uploads, new members etc.which the Unread Content gives:

image.thumb.png.afec67ac2c96662e3fbcfb07e2a96c90.png

Note the selection of  Content Types Topics

And a sample output:

image.thumb.png.4e3d813a9000ca0d0a9f2d674c641573.png

EDIT P.S. Once defined you can save it and it's a simple drop down to apply it at any time.

Edited by Martin Harris - Moderator

Wonder if one of the mods (or members) can help.

If I do a google search for ngh 25  it shows 4 historical threads in the model flying forum. Selecting the hyperlink for each of these gives a 'not found' error message....... if I search the new forum (for ngh NGH or Ngh individually), no results are returned.

I am logged in, and unable to find anything using either the search bar (top right) or the functionality behind the Search text in Forums..... almost certainly user error ? Is there a tutorial, or has anyone used it successfully ?

TIA

GG

I looked in ic engines and found this thread "NGH GT9 Pro" so it is there. Using search comes back with nothing found. So it's no user error then?

Google finds it but the forum says The requested page "/forums/postings.asp?th=130285&p=1" could not be found.

This is the manual link

https://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/39499-ngh-gt9-pro/&do=getLastComment

Even more puzzling

Edited by EarlyBird
More info added

You'll notice some tweaks to the forum adverts this morning folks, which eliminates ad's between posts. 

The issue regarding pics migrated from the old site (moving to new albums etc.) is still being investigated and the developers have opened a case with Invision to help de-bug it.

More news when I have it. 

• Thanks 1

On 14/02/2021 at 08:35, EarlyBird said:

Puzzling GG, it is as you say. There are obviously NGH posts on the forum. Looks like another issue to add to the list ☹️

Steve  

Chaps, I think this was mentioned in another post but in case you missed it, it seems the software doesn't like searching for anything less than 4 characters so "NGH" produces no results. Similarly "OS" produces nothing but "OS46" does.....as indeed does "O.S."....

The software will accept wildcard characters however so "NGH*" produces 58 results.... & "OS**" produces 3,664....?

Hope that helps.... 

Hi Mods - very minor quibble.... had you noticed the "latest posts" button shows "Showing topics posted in for the last 365 days[sic] as a subtitle under the "Latest Posts" heading?

It's the same whether it's the button added site-wise, or the view we were encouraged to add ourselves in the early days.  

Thanks for making the default text blacker ... it's definitely better.  The new RGB values are (18,20,22) rather than (53,60,65) - so still not totally black, it could probably go all the way to (0,0,0)!

Is there any way of resizing images once added to a post? I've not found one yet, if so.  I've seen a lot of images posted that take up a whole page on my large screen when displayed.

Thanks again, it's really getting there.

Simon Feather

• Like 1

Thanks Simon.  I'm not sure quite what your observation is about though.

I suspect that 365 days is possibly overkill when looking for latest posts but you are immediately given the option of refining the search to "Any time", "Since last visit" or a specific date which should cover most requirements - plus the full range of further refinements.  The default seems to work well enough for me but am I missing your point?

One thing I find really useful is the small banner that comes up when you're typing a reply and someone else has posted which gives you a chance to check that you may be duplicating information or posting something that may seem confusing.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but you can easily navigate to first or last post of a thread from 'Latest Posts'....

To go to first post, select the thread title on left of page

To go to last post, select the message bubble on the right.....

Probably everyone but me already knew that ?

GG

I doubt that everyone knew that but I discovered it yesterday.

Also if it is a thread you have posted in it is a star.

There is so much clever functionality that makes this forum impressive.

I like the automatic notifications for example when some one quotes you. ?

Good isn't it.

• Like 1

Yep, seem to find extra stuff everyday. Perhaps we need a 'sticky' thread for Hints, Tips, Tricks & Traps.

What do you think Mods ?

On the other hand, still having issues with images.... I know the lack of check boxes is being looked at but I also have regular issues opening an image. Latest screenshot here - may help developers.

GG

Screenshot (16).png