Welcome to RCM&E's new forum!

8 minutes ago, Chris Bott - Moderator said:

We're still working that out Brian. But think of it as a selective search where you've chosen the criteria. You can then save this as a new "stream". Then every time you want to see the same sort of stuff, click on that saved link.

Hmmm, more paracetamol required. 

Selecting the Emojis makes my Tablet freeze. 

1 hour ago, Dai Fledermaus said:

Oh heck! I'm struggling fellers and I thought I was able to find my way around most Web sites. I've just tried a search for Mini Super, as in Keil Kraft/Ben Buckle. What came up was every post with the words mini and super in it. I gave up after wading through loads of  posts about super glue. What an I doing wrong?

Try putting the words in inverted commas - don't worry about capitalisation e.g. "Mini Super" or "mini super" give the same results.  In fact, "mini sup" would give very similar results!

As you can see from a previous reply which I'd missed, there are various ways to achieve the same results!  Use whichever suits you...

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

Try putting the words in inverted commas - don't worry about capitalisation e.g. "Mini Super" or "mini super" give the same results.  In fact, "mini sup" would give very similar results!

I tried inverted commas "Mini Super" and it was hopeless. What I used to do was google 'Mini Super Modelflying' for instance, and 'google' would come up with multiple modelflying links - still does. Only difference is you used to click on the links and it would take you to the relevant thread on the forum but now it doesn't. It used to be a quick way of finding which edition an old RCM&E plan was published. Saved hunting through ones old magazines!

Edited by Piers Bowlan

7 minutes ago, Steve Hargreaves - Moderator said:

All....might be worth noting that you can "drag & drop" pictures into threads on this new site so there is no need to upload your pics to a Gallery held on the forum before you can post them like with the old site.....?

Or cut and paste into a thread, or you can use the "chose files" facility to find them on your PC ?

38 minutes ago, Piers Bowlan said:

I tried inverted commas "Mini Super" and it was hopeless. What I used to do was google 'Mini Super Modelflying' for instance, and 'google' would come up with multiple modelflying links - still does. Only difference is you used to click on the links and it would take you to the relevant thread on the forum but now it doesn't. It used to be a quick way of finding which edition an old RCM&E plan was published. Saved hunting through ones old magazines!

Like this Piers?

image.png.19ee85b6f9c7858d0d0bb4793e138e6d.png

Initiated from

image.png.e41b092db53234ea44b6ba01e74a3a14.png

Hopefully it is only teething troubles but my Tablet struggles to generate enough computer power to navigate this new site. . The poor thing also became warm after an hour and the battery consumption went through the roof..... It is now on charge (it normally lasts all day), and I am trying to navigate on my phone. . The new site is weird to say the least...... and the battery on my phone is going down faster than usual too. 

I have had notifications flash up at the bottom of the screen but when I click on them the message just go away.... They don't open up. They evaporate. 

The days of casually looking in during the adverts on the TV now seem to be a thing of the past. . Maybe I will have better luck on my main PC computer. My mobile devices certainly aren't equal to the task. . . . Drat..!! 

14 minutes ago, Chris Bott - Moderator said:

No idea why you're having those issues Brian but I'll try to pass the questions on to the techies. 

Chris

I can see how on a mobile device this nice bright scheme would use more battery power than the previous dull grey "peasouper" scheme. Maybe there is an option to have a dark scheme, which is often more popular with the youngsters?

OK, I'm in now...  But only by going into Incognito mode in Chrome!  

In 'regular' mode I attempted to login, and it failed.  I then saw the messages about logging in via the Forums tab. But when I do that I get (testing to see if I can copy/paste an image!)

image.png.4a64e084233e1140081bdd1516af1ae1.png

Now I get that every time I click on 'Forums' in Chrome - but not in incognito mode.  I'll try clearing the cache, cookies etc and see if that helps,  but apart from that, looking good.  And the copy/paste image seems to work! ?

Very sorry to be rather negative.

I understand things have to progress and the old site has been put to bed for sound technical reasons.

I just can't make head nor tail of what's going on, seems the screen is populated with rather too much dead white space and I'm not sure I want to see who has replied to who and who has changed their Avatar.

Can't complain as it's a free service but the effort V reward just doesn't add up for me.

I'm no stick in the mud as I embrace change but this one's not for me.

Oh well..☹️

4 minutes ago, John Privett said:

OK, I'm in now...  But only by going into Incognito mode in Chrome!  

In 'regular' mode I attempted to login, and it failed.  I then saw the messages about logging in via the Forums tab. But when I do that I get (testing to see if I can copy/paste an image!)

image.png.4a64e084233e1140081bdd1516af1ae1.png

Now I get that every time I click on 'Forums' in Chrome - but not in incognito mode.  I'll try clearing the cache, cookies etc and see if that helps,  but apart from that, looking good.  And the copy/paste image seems to work! ?

And now I'm in in 'regular' mode!  Clearing the cache didn't do it,  clearing the cookies improved things - I only got the "Bad Request" when trying to login AFTER going to the Forums tab.

But then I wondered if being logged-in already in incognito mode might be an issue.  I logged-out there, and got in next attempt in 'regular' mode. 

Hopefully that's just a coincidence and we're not going to get the 'Bad Request' message when logging-in on a different device whilst still logged-in elsewhere?