Welcome to RCM&E's new forum!

2 minutes ago, John Privett said:

Hopefully that's just a coincidence and we're not going to get the 'Bad Request' message when logging-in on a different device whilst still logged-in elsewhere?

Looks like it is just a coincidence!  I'm now logged-in over here in Firefox whilst still logged-in over there in Chrome and no Bad Request complaints!

Now, next job... I just need to find out where to switch off, or change,  that annoying noise when somebody posts a reply!

4 minutes ago, John Privett said:

And now I'm in in 'regular' mode!  Clearing the cache didn't do it,  clearing the cookies improved things - I only got the "Bad Request" when trying to login AFTER going to the Forums tab.

But then I wondered if being logged-in already in incognito mode might be an issue.  I logged-out there, and got in next attempt in 'regular' mode. 

Hopefully that's just a coincidence and we're not going to get the 'Bad Request' message when logging-in on a different device whilst still logged-in elsewhere?

I'm still trying to get my head round logging in difficulties but if it's any comfort, I'm logged in on my PC (Firefox) and iPhone concurrently with a separate test ID logged in via Edge on the same PC.

9 minutes ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

I'm still trying to get my head round logging in difficulties but if it's any comfort, I'm logged in on my PC (Firefox) and iPhone concurrently with a separate test ID logged in via Edge on the same PC.

Yes, thanks Martin - I'm now logged-in simultaneously in both Chrome and Firefox.  Let's see if I can login on my phone too...

And the answer is yes- I'm editing this post from my phone,  whilst still logged in on 2 browsers on the PC. 

Edited by John Privett
Added information

Why am I getting "blomp" audible notification sounds but absolutely no clue as to where to find these new notifications? 

How do I turn off the "blomp" sounds????? 

Sadly, somehow I have a feeling that this new site isn't going to be for me.... I would put a sad-looking emoji in at this point but my device will just freeze. 

Byeee. 

Not sure if im logged in or not so i will try and post a reply to see. After being in the IT business for over 30 years I would have sacked any of my managers who put this system live. What happened to testing and fall back to the original system if major problems were encountered. Also what happened to user sign off on the format, organisation and effectiveness of the proposed new system ???

5 minutes ago, Brian Cooper said:

Why am I getting "blomp" audible notification sounds but absolutely no clue as to where to find these new notifications? 

Sadly, somehow I have a feeling that this new site isn't going to be for me.... I would put a sad-looking emoji in at this point but my device will just freeze. 

Byeee. 

Notification settings under Settings from the profile dropdown top right of the page.

image.thumb.png.6fb27a01ee4e3b6b576f58304c720431.png

6 minutes ago, Brian Cooper said:

Byeee. 

Brian try this, assuming you're seeing the full version of the site and not the "mobile" ome. Top of page, click the bell. Then Notification settings. Right at the bottom of that page is a checkbox to turn on and off sounds. That may be it, not sure.