Find your OLD PHOTOS in the new modelflying platform

All our old photos have been copied across out of our old albums. Unfortunately the albums themselves couldn't be saved so all your pics are in one place. 

So, how do we find them? 
I think there are a number of ways, please post other methods below.

Edit:- (I've just noticed that these notes apply to the "normal", i.e. PC, layout of the site and don't wholly help with the mobile version. Sorry.)

Method 1

1) Click on your name or avatar to make your way to your profile

2) Click on "See My Activity" here-
image.thumb.png.bccb378eb0b7b210743cf546695cf6a8.png

3) Down the left hand column, click on "Images" like this-
image.png.d0cb7b9c7f2a2e0a5c451dde65bf00e0.png

All your images should now appear below.

4) Top right of all the photos, there are three buttons to chose different ways to display them. One of the ways shows you the Upload dates.
image.png.d1e051674725e860df4d8273a56910fb.png

Method 2 

OK that's them found. But there's another way that allows us to pick out date ranges or other ways to narrow them down.
Using "My Activity Streams"

1) Click on My Activity Streams -
image.png.7d29b57e0fb6bff3be5630a48d724abe.png

2) Choose "Content I Started -
image.png.e064133191eb21cb3ebfb7e423c0c86e.png

3) In this area change the settings to Images and Any Time - 
image.thumb.png.ccb7f5facd863fc3997c51d249062c28.png

You should now see images below and be able to chose a narrower Time period or sort them oldest first etc.

4) If you save the Activity Stream, give it a name, you'll be able to go straight back to it.

Hope this is helpful.

Chris 

Another way is to choose 'Other Media' and select 'Insert existing attachment'

large.884793.jpg.196996603c17584cdee1b50689d5457e.jpg

You get an unsorted view of your images and you can select one as I've done here of a Scorpion dinghy on Foremark res in Derbyshire.  It's quicker than the old forum. Not sure how it will work once users start creating albums - probably much better, I guess.

Geoff

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chris Bott - Moderator said:

There's actually no need to create albums unless you actually want one, Geoff.

Photos can be added to posts direct from your device. Drag and drop, cut and paste or use the choose files feature to find them on your device. 

Does that mean the image is as permanent as the text, Chris?   In other words it doesn't rely on being able to access it from anywhere else?

Geoff

Another question, will there be any option for moving items from your gallery to an album?  I couldn't see any way last night other than downloading them, deleting the gallery entry and uploading to an album but this will obviously break any links used in previous posts.  Is it possible for example to add a secondary index relating an item both to a user and a user album?

• Like 1

Gary, it's on one of the many welcome to the new forum threads.  Apparently some people see a tick box on the top right of each item, ticking the items you want brings up a toolbar including a large arrow which is to move the selected items to an existing or new album. 

Unfortunately non of that applies to me as I don't get the tick boxes.?  Win 10, Acer laptop, Firefox.

• Like 1

Sorry if this has already been raised and answered previously, but there are inevitably a lot of new postings over the past few days.

I have followed the posts showing me how to access my photos, and understand that they are no longer organised into albums, but a huge number of  my photos are missing.

When I click on the "load more activity" link it says there are no more to load, so dozens of my album snaps seem to have disappeared into the ether!

I would also like to delete some of my older snaps which are shown, but cannot see how to do this.

13 minutes ago, Romeo Whisky said:

Sorry if this has already been raised and answered previously, but there are inevitably a lot of new postings over the past few days.

I have followed the posts showing me how to access my photos, and understand that they are no longer organised into albums, but a huge number of  my photos are missing.

When I click on the "load more activity" link it says there are no more to load, so dozens of my album snaps seem to have disappeared into the ether!

I would also like to delete some of my older snaps which are shown, but cannot see how to do this.

Do you know how many you had? I'm seeing 9 pages of yours and it looks like 25 pictures to a page so that's something over 200?

image.png.0ecc59cac0a3a5e6ffbbaec8a5372b75.png

I am not seeing anything like 9 pages or 200 snaps Chris but I have noticed an anomaly here.

When I change from "Last 365 Days" to  "Any Time" the heading changes (see screen-snip 1 attached) but the number of photos displayed does not change (ie no more are added).   If I then go to the bottom of the display and click on load more activity it says "No more activity to display" and when I scroll back to the top of the page the heading has automatically reverted to "Last 365 Days"

Screen snips here ...  

MF Website Photos 01.JPG

MF Website Photos 02.JPG