Find your OLD PHOTOS in the new modelflying platform

Thanks Chris - I see what's happening.  Sometimes it's hard to get your head around a new format.   (Though as someone who spent a career designing software including user interfaces for large companies I have to say the new site is not quite as intuitive as it might be.  Nevertheless I am sure it will get there - it's very early days yet.)

I realise now that I've been trying to view my photos via the forum settings, so the ones shown are just the ones that I've added into forum threads from the (old) albums.

I did go onto my Profile but couldn't see how to access my photos from there, which you have now explained.  

Thanks for that - sorry for taking up so much of your time, but very much appreciated.

59 minutes ago, Romeo Whisky said:

Sorry to bother you again, but how can I delete some of my old photos?

Can't see any way to do it.

I think that this is the same issue as not being able to move photos into albums. There should be a tick box in the top right of each photo in your photo gallery. When you tick one or more boxes it should bring up a menu to move / delete etc. It only works for some people (mods maybe?) and it is being looked into.

Edited by Gary Manuel

I may be behind the curve in in investigating image handling but i thought I was reading that it was not possible to delete photos ( old or new) . On both my iPad and iMac aside from the manage image menu which only allows it to be added as a profile picture; over to the right there is the 'traditional' cog wheel which has a drop down ,menu for deletion. Bit clunky as it is only 1 image at a time and it dumps you out of the images folder but it does work. 

Is that there for everybody ?

Tim

OK - I can now delete photos from my Profile using the Settings (cog) icon from the enlarged image (indeed Deletion is the only option from the settings icon), but as soon as I delete an image, the system dumps me out of my Profile to a list of other peoples' albums.  What's that all about?   Why should I then be dumped out of my Profile?

At that rate it would take an age to delete numerous photos.  Image Tools still only offers the option to use the displayed image as my profile photo - surely that would be a one-off or only very occasional action.  Surely it should be possible highlight several photos at a time and delete them at one go? 

What really interests me is what relationship has the album photo got with the forum post in which it was used?

Before there was a definite link. Deleting the photo from the album deleted it from the post.

Now deleting the photo does not remove it from the post.

I think that on the new forum the photos are embedded in the post and stored as part of the post, making the photo in the album superfluous.

Just a point of interest.

Is it possible to delete all my photos in one simple action, could be a moderator privilage.

Steve

Sorry to resurrect this topic...

Is it possible to recreate my old albums (or new equivalents) and put my "gallery" photos into them?

I have waited for some months hoping to see this mishmash sorted out, but to my dim brain all seems the same as it was many moons ago.

I can find my previously posted photos, but all jumbled together - no albums. I have managed to create a new album with a new photo, but cannot sort out my old photos. Is there a new/updated method for this?

Many thanks,

Steve.