To read my old sent/received mail

Basil

On 2/11/2021 at 4:50 PM, Pete B - Moderator said:

Unfortunately all PMs were lost in the changeover, Basil. I believe it was mentioned in the preambles.....

Pete

I'm pretty sure it wasn't because that's something I would've noted. I had a lot of messages and many of them I wanted to keep so I would have backed them up but I didn't.

My 'friends' have also been deleted, some of them haven't logged in since the changeover so I have no idea if they have tried and given up or just not bothered.

We've discussed this in the back room and it seems that confirmation that everyone's PMs would be lost came rather late in the day, sometime last week, so if it was mentioned after the cut-off point, the post would now be lost.

We're all in the same boat over this, unfortunately - I lost around 120 pages of PM history. However, the PM facility was seen as a facility to carry on brief exchanges between individuals rather than a means of long-term storage.

It was one of the - relatively - few casualties of the changeover and we're sorry for this.

The positive is that the overwhelming majority of material has survived the changeover - despite many doubts.

Pete

• Thanks 1

This is disastrous -  I had PM's from all over-Britian, USA, Australia< Sweden etc etc - and it seems all this correspondence is lost!   This should never have happened!   The data must be there somewhwere - it's up to the IT people to get it back for us.........

The data I assume was either in an SQL file, MySQL for example, or in a CSV file if that is the case and the files are accessible it is a simple operation to sort the data by user name and email all of the users individually. 

First does the data exist. Second have you the credentials to gain access?

• Like 1