Posting Videos on the new site

The preferred method to post videos here is from YouTube or other video hosting service. Simply to copy the Link to the video and paste it here in the posting box.

That's what I've done here

However if you just have the video file on your device then one can be directly uploaded to a post, just like a photo.
Except, the only file format that I've found works in all browsers is .mp4 files. 

If you need to convert anything else such as a .mov file from an apple device, one method is to use an online converter such as https://cloudconvert.com/ where you upload your file, let it do the conversion and then download the new one. 

That's what I did for another member to produce this one, which I've just dragged and dropped into this post here:-

So when you upload a YouTube video to the site, it takes as much space as it does on YouTube?   I usually take the YouTube option so I can see other videos of the same type as well as seeing the comments.  Is there an elegant way to point to a YouTube video without its taking up mbytes of forum memory?

Geoff