Uploading of pictures and format.

Stephen Jones

7 minutes ago, Stephen Jones said:

Do i need to reduced the size of my pictures or is there a preferred size lets say 800x600 ? Also is the picture better letter box or square.

Steve. 

Steve. Have a look in the sandbox. I did a few experiments. It looks like the site reduces them to 1200x900 when downloading into the attachment area and again to 1000x 750 for displaying on PC version (probably even lower on tablet / phone version but I've not tried that).

Any photos below 1000x750 take up less space on the screen if that is the effect you are after e.g. 500x375 will take up half the width of a PC screen.

Edited by Gary Manuel

On windows 10 on my computer, I right click on the photo and a box comes up, I then click on

Resize and then another box comes up with four options, I click on the option to resize suitable 

"Best for Profile pictures and Thumbnails".

I then upload onto this site like I did on my thread, Lockdown Builds.

I am not sure where to post this, so here seems as good as anywhere.

I am having a problem with a small number of images in my gallery (all imported from the old site). Most of them act normally but with just a few, although I can see the thumbnail I cannot open them and just get an error message. Looking back over old posts I can see that these images only appear as  a file name and cannot be opened in these old imported posts either.

Anyone any idea what the problem might be?

An example is below (be interesting to see if it appears here!), and the error message I get when trying to open it in gallery is below that.

Dick

large.690703.jpg.e545130958771ebf6e67ead

310943677_2021-02-1420_51_13-503ServiceUnavailableMozillaFirefox.thumb.jpg.9f2779dcc6e83bd3261d2ce16f53d4a0.jpg

2021-02-14 17_44_10-503 Service Unavailable – Mozilla Firefox.jpg

Edited by Dickw

1 hour ago, Chris Bott - Moderator said:

Dickw could you try something and report back? The pic that you're having trouble with, but can see the thumbnail in albums. Try a right click on the thumbnail and then open in new tab. 

The result is that the new tab opens with the error message not the image.

Dick

Yes it is. I assume it shows in the latest post above because it has effectively been re-uploaded and adjusted by the new software.

I realised there was a problem when I searched for an old post and saw that the image had not actually come across correctly - see screen grab below and a link to that thread here:-
https://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/32001-hkm-solitaire-plus-looking-for-information/&tab=comments#comment-542032

That is not the only image that is a problem as I have found several more acting the same in my gallery, so there are probably more historic posts missing their original images.

Dick

Old post with missing image.jpg