Help please, Am i being scammed !

Kevin Wesley

Hi everyone,

Yesterday i attempted to order a pair of wheels for a 1/5 scale BF109 from Fliteskin Aeroscale. I put said item into the basket and proceeded to checkout by Paypal, but when i paid and was directed back to the site, the page didn't reload which was a bit worrying. this morning i have a receipt from Paypal saying that i've paid the £140 or so in dollars, i noticed that the email address was [email protected], not www.fliteskinaeroscale.com. What also worry's me is that i've had no verification from Fliteskin to say they have received my order yet. I was wondering if anyone else has had any dealings with them and maybe put my mind at rest. Thanks Kev

It's not that uncommon for business users to keep their own Paypal account for their website use.  Have you emailed [email protected] to check whether they have your order?  I see the wheels are $158 which is about right for £140, though that doesn't sound to include international shipping.  It also says international customers should email the before ordering!

Just to keep all you kind people in the picture. The money has been paid by Paypal, so as far as i could tell i couldn't cancel it. There is no contact phone number for Fliteskin Aeroscale on the site, but a glimmer of good news is that the owner of Fliteskin Aeroscale Jose is mentioned on another model forum, and his email address is gumpp@live. I've emailed him and asked if he could let me know if he has received my order......

• Like 1

Hi all,

It seems that the wheels are on the way to me. Paypal  have emailed me to say that they have been despatched, even though i have had no response from the messages i have sent. It'll be interesting to see what i'll pay for carriage and tax because that's not on the invoice. Just glad to get them really.

Thanks everyone for the help

• Like 2

I think on the contact page the email address could have a typo and used at instead of the symbol @  try   [email protected]  and see if that works, time difference could delay an answer  they have been around a long time, you will need to contact them for international postage any way as stated on site, i don't think they will post for free