Password problems

John Bisset

I must be doing something wrong. Every time I try to log in, the system fails to recognise my password. I have reset this three times now -and remembered to save as I thought (at the bottom of the pw change page).  Still the same, on  a return, not recognised.  Anyone else having this problem? 

John B

John just in case you don't know there are in fact two sites...one for the Forum & one for the RCM&E Home page. Log into the forum as you normally would with your email address & password you used from the old site.....you should be able to log in no problem.

For the RCM&E home page your password will be the same but your user name is your forum name...NOT your email address. If you enter John Bisset as your user name followed by your usual password it should let you in OK.

If you still have problem please let me or one of the other mods know & we will try & help

I have been thinking.

My logon problems suddenly disappeared and as I said I had increased my password to strong. I am sceptical that password strength was the issue.

I did something else.

My passwords are saved on my Windows 10 PC.

When I check using Manage Passwords I had two entries for Model Flying, one using email and the other EarlyBird.

After numerous attempts to get on, some worked but were short lived in that I would inexplicably be logged off.

I also Reset password many times.

I deleted the two entries in manage passwords.

For the main site I used EarlyBird which worked ?

Went into Forum and again Used EarlBird and it also worked, I ticked Remember Me BTW.

Since then no issues and login is automatic using EarlyBird.

Do I understand? No

BTW I learned many years ago not to bash the keyboard in frustration.

I was trying to register on a site and it would not accept my passwords. I bashed the keyboard and it accepted the random key combination but I had no idea what that combination was ?

Steve