Workshop/Shed Security

Geoff Gardiner

I've got a wireless PIR connected to the house system.  Last year I had a spate of false alarms when I'd left a sheet of EPS foam underlay hanging loose from a shelf, the sheet was flapping around in a draft during spells of high winds.  Cured by a) moving the foam and b) sealing the source of the drafts with a dose of expanding foam.

Get one of these will scare them half to death and the whole estate will hear it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bisley-Security-Burglars-Intruders-Galvanized/dp/B0049ACMC6/ref=asc_df_B0049ACMC6/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=218073864227&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9700714768416927900&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007064&hvtargid=pla-424593922463&psc=1

• 4 months later...

A cautionary tale .

Never take false alarm lightly. I had a car alarm keep going off so at 2 am after half a dozen Alarms I locked the car with the alarm switched off. Just what the thrives wanted.

The car was a BMW 635 CSI . The thieves stole the both the back and front screens leaving all the brightwork spread over my lawn !

There are plenty of cheap and surprisingly functional alarms out there.        I have one that is armed/disarmed via a keyfob.  If it detects entry it can send texts and phone  numbers as configured.                           My daughter recently fitted a front door CCTV system that pings her phone if movement is detected near the door and provides a video on her smart phone.    A combination of the two would give some peace of mind.     ....... although mine phoned me whilst I was on holiday on Tenerife, so some plan to have local help is required.