Taranis Frsky with radiomaster r168

Graeme White

1 hour ago, Balazs said:

Dear MattyB,

Thanks for the proposal. I have no access to MPM based radio, I can send one of the R168 to you, you don't need to pay for it. I would just simply keep it in the drawer with no use...If you can tune and use it at least it is not wasted. Just give me a contact where I can send it by mail. 

OK, cool - that is very kind of you. I will send you an email with my address - if the RX passes the test and is usable I'll make a charity donation to ensure karma is maintained and the plane "stays lucky"! ?

Edited by MattyB
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/03/2021 at 16:01, Balazs said:

Dear MattyB,

Thanks for the proposal. I have no access to MPM based radio, I can send one of the R168 to you, you dont need to pay for it. I would just simply keep it in the drawer with no use...If you can tune and use it at least it is not wasted. Just give me a contact where I can send it by mail. My email is balazsdotgyore1atgmaildotcom. Cheers

Hi @Balazs. Just to let you know the RX arrived today; many thanks. I will do some tests in the coming days and post the results up here.

• 2 weeks later...

@Balazs, a quick update after I finally got round to binding up yourRX tonight... As per Andy’s post above I can confirm it is running ACCST v1 EU LBT firmware, and it bound up fine to my RM TX16 SE. Fine tuning resulted in an average optimal tune of -10, and RSSI is now strong and stable, so it looks like it is an incompatibility between your Frsky TX and the RX rather than faulty RXs. 

I am hoping to go flying tomorrow morning so will do a range test on the ground then - if all is well I will install in a model and setup a test with logging enabled (I will just install it as “ballast” using another RX and TX to control the model and fly it around seeing how it performs). Once that is complete I will also test it against my X9D Taranis, but I will have to flash firmware on the RX or TX at that point as I run ACCST v1 FCC on that normally.

Edited by MattyB

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Mark Turner 12 said:

Hi yes be very useful if you could although do they still sell these receivers?

I don’t think so - Frsky threatened them with legal action, so they squished all the D16 variants. Allegedly a rogue employee had left Frsky with some extra paperwork he shouldn’t, and internally these were a pin for pin copy onto which the std firmware could be installed without modification. if true it’s not exactly the subtlest crime ever! 

https://forum.alofthobbies.com/index.php?threads/radiomaster-caught-infringing-frsky-patent-s.2010/

Edited by MattyB