A limited return to flying?

Matt Carlton

I think we'll do very well to wait for guidance from the BMFA, but on the face of it, if organised team games like football which will involve at least a couple of dozen people turning up at a field to to kick a ball about will be OK from the 29th, then I expect a sensible conclusion would be to assume that a flying club would be able to operate pretty much as before but with the on-going precautions. Personally, I'm happy to wait a bit longer until the waterlogging subsides!

At least there's light at the end of the tunnel for the hobby and the nicer flying conditions in the late Spring and Summer.

Edited by Cuban8
  • Like 1

Interesting that Wings and Wheels seems to be all set to go ahead on 26th and 27th June according to my regular Sarik email received this morning.  Not my usual show as Weston and Cosford are much nearer though we went and stayed over the weekend a few years ago.

It's a lovely day here today - perfect flying weather and I'm here in the workshop trying to figure why our microwave oven doesn't work.  I think I'm holding off 'real' flying until April, at least and keeping my hand in with RealFlight 9.5 now I've at last got it installed properly.

Geoff

Yes, here too.  Went for a little stroll round the village this afternoon, instead - grumbling that we can't fly but there was some small consolation - a dry footpath and a lovely view.

IMG_0243.thumb.JPG.941be799bfec1e6327543c618b6d51db.JPG

Didn't take my camera so this IPhone pic will have to suffice ?  But you can see our unique 6 sail windmill on the horizon.

Geoff

• Like 4

It looks like any relaxation in the regulations in Scotland may be slightly delayed relative to England and the Scottish government is wisely not putting any hard dates on that at the moment, it will be reviewed by the best data available to pick up any upwards and downwards trends in the impact of the virus, against the background of the vaccination programme. The most likely case is that it will be sometime in April before we see some relaxation.

A return to our flying sites can't come quick enough along with many other activities and seeing family. However, this will require everyone to tow the line and observe the regulations for a little longer. Ever since there has been good news on the vaccination front along with announcements that the NHS is no longer on the Covid critical list itself, I've noticed a marked increase in road traffic and people generally out and about much more than only a few days ago when it was wet and cold.

We live on a main route to a popular seaside town and over the last couple of days with good weather, the traffic heading to the coast has increased markedly. Only this morning with a bright sunny start, I've seen cars with families and motorcyclists all heading that way. Essential journeys and staying local? I do wonder. Keep your eyes on the data and hope for continued better figures.

If 'we' blow it now, then goodness knows where we'll wind up.