Velcro straps for Lipo etc

Sadly these ties are not durable in the long term. I did use them for tying up music instrument and mic cables. With regular use the material frays and the oval hole in the strap through which the retaining tongue passes tears through. However, there is a wider and far stronger 3M quality Velcro available. Use this with caution it is so strong in retention you could probably suspend yourself on it! No need for any screws either.

Oh I'd still pass them under the tray, just a titchy self tapper to stop them falling off or sliding around.

Hmm, thought that might be the case. Still, possibly useful for something. 

I once had some really strong reusable tie wraps which would be ideal. 

That said, I found these which I am going to try. At least on the fairly small 3S packs I use, they should work. 

Amazon Link

If I want really beefy straps for batteries I buy 20mm stuff from haberdashery shops, not self adhesive but the sew on type. Pass it through slots in the battery base, bend it flat to the base and use a good splodge of glue underneath to secure, I use 5min epoxy. You just need to watch that when it meets over the top of the battery that the hooks and loops are the right way round (don't ask me how I know this). Cost is peanuts, about £1.5 a meter when I last bought some.

I've used that type of Velcro with no problems. The only disadvantage is that it's not easy to get really tight which might be a problem if you use the non-slip shelf stuff rather than Velcro on the battery shelf and the strap is a belt to the Velcro shelf braces.

Geoff

The double sided stuff is fine but if sticking to a surface, hook side down, then it can pay to rub / cut / sand the hooks off to make a better (thinner) glueing surface. I tend to only use one strap as with most installations I 3D print a battery box / tray which holds the rear of the battery in place.

image.png.1d04f4d576f1492c6ab4ad5c4321a05c.png

3BCE57D1-26DF-42C1-A6C1-FAB106D4DF5C.thumb.jpeg.7390afb54d6d5467e7e5dac5eebc0b68.jpeg

3918F0F0-A7A4-4FE2-8CD6-BCD843256523.thumb.jpeg.709f6f4bae5cf3e198923ad570c4c88c.jpeg

It shouldn't matter too much as the tray will have locating "nubs" the the battery will wedge between so the velcro strap will mainly serve to stop the battery moving vertically. Either way, it's not a huge issue. I'll see how it goes. As long as it is reasonably neat and functional.