New forum. We're getting there......

Morning all, 

The new platform seems to be settling down nicely and people seem to be finding their way round.

Some users only visit occasionally, so we're receiving a slow but steady stream of queries. Most are of the 'I can't log in' variety. In the vast majority of cases this comes down to passwords and user names remembering that the home page and forum have separate entries

The forum needs your existing user name (case sensitive) and password. If you need a password reset then just drop me an email to [email protected] and I'll sort that out. 

Thanks, David. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me it seems to look and work better on my lap top,  where as I generally used my mobile phone before so could view out and about. I'm sure with more sit down time I will get familiar with it all and it will become second nature.

The one thing I find off putting is the member like button, this forum has always been unbiased (IMHO) to which this new option is sure to create a clique as seen on other platforms.

Edited by Richard Harris
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ron Gray said:

Yes, well done to all. I think a major ‘improvement’ was the ‘latest posts’ as new joiners don’t  have to create their own custom stream, unlike early adopters!

I didn't realise that was new.  I thought I'd just missed seeing it before.  That's what I always use now and it's much better than going down the 'Browse' options and selecting 'Latest Posts'

I certainly think the new forum is an improvement on the old.  Well done. It must have been a lot of work.

The member's score is simply the number of "likes" the member has received, which partly reflects the amount of entries the member has contributed to this forum. But calling it a  reputation"?: I think that's a misnomer. Newcomers to the forum, who don't know its basis, may think it really is some objective measure of a member's reputation in the aeromodelling world.

It strikes me that there is a clique being formed here by those who want the Like button to go. Ironic really? ?

Not wanting to add oxygen to the argument but I do find it amusing that this topic started as a purely informative post about how to get help.

Puzzling to me that this became all about the Like button within just a few more posts.?

No worries as I come here for the entertainment as well as help with models.

• Haha 1

On 08/03/2021 at 08:38, David Ashby - Moderator said:

The like button stays. I think it's a handy way of giving someone credit without the need to write a post. Quick and easy, especially on a mobile device. 

The only traits it'll encourage are helpful, friendly participation. 

Yes, but maybe change  one of the icons to a thumbs up - ? - rather than a love heart - ❤️?  Might be a bit less generation Z and more acceptable on what is really a blokey sort of forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2