M3.5 screws - where can I buy some?

Dave S.

Does anyone know where I can buy 3.5mm x 25mm socket cap screws for mounting engines? Several of my engines have mounting holes designed for this size, I prefer not to drill them out to 4mm or to use undersize screw to hold them in.

Model Fixings lists them but they have been out of stock for some time, some eBay supplier claim to have them but on close examination either don't have any or only have marine grade stainless in odd lengths and eye watering prices. It's not a common size, but people must be mounting their OS & Saito engines somehow!

Thanks, I bought a few packs from Leeds - and the nuts & washers from Model Fixings (who I've been using for years - and always impressed by the speed of their delivery), but they have been out of stock of M3.5 x25mm screws for some time now.

Thanks for the pointer to Rapid R/C - another one I had forgotten in my search for screws. One of the models (Wot 4) waiting for M3.5s was bought from them last year.

43 minutes ago, Nigel R said:

just thought, probably a bit late

brass tube from K&S comes in 3mm ID 3.5mm OD size - could chop a short length to make a pukka sleeve for the mounting lug.

That's a good idea - I'll buy some if & when I see it on sale. I have a dozen or so M3.5 screws in the post from Leeds for now, hopefully they'll arrive today.

6 hours ago, Jonathan W said:

No.6-32 UNC screws are also pretty much bang on 3.5mm diameter and available from Model Fixings.

Most of my other fasteners are metric (legacy of living abroad) and I can just imagine my M3.5 and 6-32s getting mixed up - plus need very similar but different tools. 

My screws arriving in today's post, and the nuts should be here tomorrow.

Thanks for the extra links, I'll save them for the next time I am stuck.