FMS Rafale ?????????????????

tigerman

So what the hell happened to the FMS Rafale ? It has been over 6 months now and I have heard some rumours that the FMS Rafale had a lot of problems from the outset .Think FMS might have shot themselves in the foot with this one .Even a well no blocker test flew it and promised to follow the video  up but never did .Which tells me every think I need to know ,Cancelled my Rafale order and brought the Freewing Gripen instead 

1 hour ago, tigerman said:

So what the hell happened to the FMS Rafale ? It has been over 6 months now and I have heard some rumours that the FMS Rafale had a lot of problems from the outset .Think FMS might have shot themselves in the foot with this one .Even a well no blogger test flew it and promised to follow the video  up but never did .Which tells me every think I need to know ,Cancelled my Rafale order and brought the Freewing Gripen instead 

It’s a matter of yin and yan. 
Tigerman is in the UK, wants one, and can’t get one.

I live in France, can get one, don’t want one. 

And so the universe remains in balance. I also remember girls

Edited by Don Fry
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Don Fry said:

It’s a matter of yin and yan. 
Tigerman is in the UK, wants one, and can’t get one.

I live in France, can get one, don’t want one. 

And so the universe remains in balance. I also remember girls

welcome back Don

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, MRC said:

i work for a company that sells freewing and I'd like to confirm that the Gripen is better than the rafale. Freewing = great, everything else = rubbish 

Nice thread necro... What was the point? 🤨 

This model may have had a tricky birth but it doesn't look too bad to me, though the price for these kind of foamies is eye-watering these days...

2 hours ago, MRC said:

i work for a company that sells freewing and I'd like to confirm that the Gripen is better than the rafale. Freewing = great, everything else = rubbish 

Interesting you should say that. I’ve been looking at both the Freewing and FMS Yak130 EDFs. It seems to me that the FMS is of higher quality. For one thing, the FMS has proper sprung undercarriage oleos where the Freewing has simple wire retracts.

I guess a wire undercarriage makes it cheaper, but am I missing something?