Laminating film - buying it and using it.

I think that, as the 2 previous posts from @Outrunnerand @Don Fryhave suggested, the lam film has been hit with too much heat! Heat guns are great but must be used with caution always keeping the nozzle moving over the surface and not too close. If you have burnt a hole through the film then that is what has happened. You’ve also said that it damages easily and dents, imo these are signs of it being overheated. As the guys have said, try using a covering iron instead of the heat gun as you have much more control over it. To be fair I do use both covering irons and heat guns on all types of film coverings but with the latter I tend to hold it quite a way from the surface to start with, gradually bring it in closer until I can see the film go taught but I am constantly waving the nozzle back and forth to prevent any one area getting too hot, it’s a balancing act!

Regarding the strength of lam film on an open structure, I can honestly say that it is far less prone to punctures that ordinary film:

• Thanks 1