Another test poll

What colour are your eyes?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What colour are your eyes?

1 hour ago, McG 6969 said:

... about the same here, John S.

... but it mostly depends of the amount of vodka/tonic the night before...

Cheers (!)

Chris

Shame on you!

A country awash with fine ales, and if rejecting, ciders from Northern France.  Loire and Rhône wines, and the glories further south, and Cognac. And you choose distilled potato. You might also shift your tastebuds towards Germany, ignoring Champagne, and Alsace, because distilled potato rules. 

Mine are a  washed out watery blue. As befits a retired sex God .

I used to have hair.

Edited by Don Fry
Accuracy as to current desirability.
  • Haha 1

You're right, Don...

I should be ashamed as a former Belgian beers afficionado, especially the White one from Hoegaarden (Google, please)...

But then, I prefer the ciders from Normandy - being the French capital for apples - and of course their local Calvados... 

In general, Cognacs are 'over-rated' - except the Delamain range, maybe - but give me a genuine Armagnac from the Nogaro region... superb...

By the way, my Zaranoff vodka is 100% full grain, no potatoes involved whatsoever...

Have you tasted a refrigerated Schläderer Poire Williams from the Alsace? ... divine, but only in my humble opinion, that is...

A votre santé & stay safe

Chris

Bought a bottle of the Poire Williams this week.
Cognac, over rated! 4 km from my house, a Fin Bois, breath in at the price, ignore the smell of cat pee in the tasting room. Take it home unopened. Share with worthy friends. A bottle costs a years subscription to Pete B’s Sky Grand Prix. Worth every centime. Armanac’s  have a hint of bitter to my taste, like caramising onion, and just missing the point of just right. 

I like the Hoegaarden beers.

Vodka, even German Vodka, has its origins in a country that seems to do reasonable nerve agents. Perhaps the reason for multiple distillations..