Phoenix flight sim problem

DaveyP

Hi all,

I've got a Phoenix flight sim V5.5 and it usually works fine but it now has become increasingly jerky, making it very difficult to use.

Anyone here had this problem and more to the point, does anyone know how to fix it ?

many thanks,

Davey 

Might not fix your problem but worth a punt , Google Phoenix sim and a site has the upgrades to the last version for free . Apparently the guy has the rights to them so not illegal . If it doesn't help at least you have the latest version while you find the problem . Maybe look in windows tools for how much ram and cpu is running while you are running Phoenix and stop a few non essential processes , no substitute for lots of Ram and CPU power these days .

In my (restricted) experience of using Windows, when things get more erratic than usual it is windows trying to download and install upgrades.  My laptop is dual-boot Linux and 'doze, and because I so rarely run 'doze, whenever I have to - usually to run Phoenix - it us unusable for an age while it upgrades and repeatedly reboots itself.

Plummet

Hi all, Thanks for the replies.

The laptop I use for flight sim only gets used a couple of times a year ? so had missed loads of updates.....

Set it to update W10 yesterday and it took HOURS, anyway I'll see what happens when I try the sim again later.

22 hours ago, DaveyP said:

Hi all, Thanks for the replies.

The laptop I use for flight sim only gets used a couple of times a year ? so had missed loads of updates.....

Set it to update W10 yesterday and it took HOURS, anyway I'll see what happens when I try the sim again later.

As well as adding drivers Davey

Take Some Away

Remove programmes that you never use

Go into CONTROL PANELS and Remove stuff

Also go into START UP and Stop programmes running that you know that you don't need to run at Start Up

TOM TOM Sat nav can cause havoc loading in the background ! ! !

Turn Down some of the Features in your Phoenix settings, you can lower the intensity and use so that it can run freely