Don Valley mfc, Open Weekend 29-30th May. Bentley moor lane, Carcroft, Doncaster. DN6 7BD

And a big thank you from me as well to all the guys'n'gals at Don Valley.

I had several flights each with my Little Toni, Carbon Cub and Valiant. I also managed to avoid breaking anything despite a low level deadstick with the Cub - phew!

It were a grand day out!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, john stones 1 said:

Nicks Cub, flown very nicely.

598254949_openMay21005.thumb.JPG.9241bb860d26eef50ff2f2808b21e86e.JPG

How about this, Nick read a post I made elsewhere and brought me a gift. Thanks again Nick, very kind of you.

1780144077_nick001.thumb.JPG.aa971795fe9b9c46ff96a6dae233c5f7.JPG

Nice one Nick.  Happy reading John.  

I bought that Wot 4 in 2010, got my B with it in 2011 and flew my first competition with it as well.  It's a darn sight harder to fly aerobatics with than the Fantasista 70 behind it!

• Like 1

2127762486_WhatsAppImage2021-05-31at22_35_49.thumb.jpeg.d0c7e95c1bae064632b8aaea3e0feb36.jpeg

A little late but many thanks for an excellent weekend!  I love flying here due to the interesting obstacles and the tree line!

For example...

Approach the strip low left to right, just clearing the hedge, banking right all the way to the end of the strip showing the top side of the model, pull up sharpish to get over the large trees.  Turn 270 deg left to approach the strip again towards yourself, coming in low over the wind sock in the middle or even through the gap between the two smaller trees in front!.  Bank hard right & a gentle climb to fly around the two big trees on the left.  continue the turn to approach yourself across the strip again, descending over the windsock to turn left & level out to fly to the end of the strip to the right again.  Pull up hard to a vertical climb rolling into a split S and into a low right to left pass down the strip and then........

It's so easy to flow from one maneuver to the next.  Great fun to fly with friends tail chasing.

Overall another fun weekend camping, flying, talking.  Chinese takeaway was spot on as always, delivered direct to the field!

Thanks again DVMFC.  ?

• Like 1